The Shawshank Redemption VS The Green Mile. Vote Here!

Equus

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
I liked both movies and both stories. Green Mile, you may recall, came out in six installments, one month at a time. I enjoyed it so much I was hanging out at the bookstore one or two days in advance of the release just in case it came out early. I have never been that excited about a book release. So I guess, based on that, Green Mile has to get my vote.

Shawshank Redemption is excellent though. It is the ONLY Stephen King story that my girlfriend likes. She has something against the supernatural and vampires and zombies and vengeful spirits from beyond the grave. Sheesh.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 12:37 pm
I read the Green Mile once they compiled all the pieces together in one book - I couldn't wait if I had to read to piecemeal.
0 Replies

Odd Rabbit

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 02:19 pm
Eish, though one.... King is a Midas for sure..... since the poll shows Shawshank is in the lead i'm gonna pick The Green Mile 'cause i have a soft spot for the underdog.
0 Replies

mallen

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:23 pm
It took me awhile to decide. Like most of you, I loved both. I went with shawshank because it didn't have anything supernatural in it.

The Green Mile is a great read, I couldn't wait for the movie. I wasn't disappointed at all, in fact, pleasantly surprised.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 12:50 pm
"Shawshank" for it's provocative and well-told story, "Green Mile" for its scathing indictment of capital punishment.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 01:46 pm
I like to invest an emotional attachment to the characters in my favorite movies. I just couldn't do that in Green Mile.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
I enjoyed both movies but if I had to pick I would go with Shawshank...
0 Replies