What's Wrong with FOX?

dishpan

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 04:19 am
I mean they shove useless drivel like Oliver Beane down our throats yet they cancel the cool shows like Greg The Bunny and Andy Richter. They force fed us Malcolm In The Middle until it became palatable, so why not the other two. I thought they were funny....anyone else miss these shows?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,456 • Replies: 7
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 05:38 am
and the family guy
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 01:27 pm
Hi all:

Just my friendly two cents here -- If you personally don't care for their programming, you aren't alone, it's probably because they aren't trying to lure you as a viewer. Actually they aren't trying for me either. Right now I think they are concentrating on male, 18-34, urban/suburban demographics, which the WB has symphoned off. Also they are looking for the youth market, again, they have been hurt badly by the WB here. I have a feeling they are on the edge of entirely regrouping and relaunching, and perhaps repositioning the network, drawing on the Fox Movie Archives, for the Fox Movie Station, a separate cable entity seems to have been pulled in many markets. Or they might go all so-called, reality-based, programming, since "American's Most Wanted" was one of their earliest hits, and I think they can also claim "Cops," and the grandaddy of info-tainment or trash tabloid news "A Current Affair."

The programming thing can be a mixed bag. On one hand you can say it's subjective, and other the other hand, it's purely business. Fox has struggled as a network, from breaking ground as the 4th major US network, and a lot of its programming was Americanized, and generally hit or miss. Yet they had a lot of success and refined their demographics. The UPN and WB networks, were launched, because of Fox's relative success in establishing their own programming lineup and taking viewers away from the traditional networks. Me, I'm waiting to see what Mr. Murdoch will next, as well.
0 Replies

chemist

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 02:11 pm
I miss Andy Richter, too. I do like "That 70's Show", but I think that's about it. As for the rest of their shows, can't say I watch many any more.

I watched Grounded For Life, Malcom in the Middle... that's all I can think of that I ever watched. I think people are just wanting quality shows without so much shock... it is getting old.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 09:03 pm
I can understand that the networks are in business to make money, and they have to pander to the lowest common denominator, but does every show have to be mindless dribble or teenagers in heat?

How many shows on television are there with any intelligence? "24" comes to mind, but after that it gets mighty thin. I enjoyed "John Doe" and "Dark Angel", but the idiots at Fox cancelled both of those.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 03:25 am
perhaps Fox is busy in the hen house
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 05:01 am
As far as I am concerned, if the cable company removed the access to Fox, I would not notice. I NEVER watch that channel!

I also do not watch any situation comedies on ANY channel. If a network comes up with one worth watching, let me know. I have found that in the last few years, that the are no comedies of any quality anywhere on network TV.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2003 09:37 am
As in a Seinfeld episode, I found trying to watch FOX News is an excruciatingly endless drone of yada, yada, yada. "24" and "Malcolm in the Middle" are reasonably good, if uneven, series on their broadcast network. The FOX Movie Channel is good, always airing the letterbox full wide screen of the 20th Century Fox films plus some vintage TV drama that they should be commended for.
0 Replies