Headlights not working?

blhh27

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:49 pm
Hi Can anyone help me out? My daytime driving lights went out about two weeks ago, and also my automatic night lights, so I had to turn my lights on manually. Now they don't even work that way. The park lights come on you can here the relay come on but the lights wont work. please help. I even have 13volts at the light harness and the bulbs work but I am not getting any light. I am so lost
can anyone help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 627 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:14 pm
I don't think it's fuses or bulbs. It could be the wiring. Check with a mechanic!
0 Replies

blhh27

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:03 pm
Thanks but
but how can wiring just mess up like that. I'm checking the relays but so far all are just fine. something seems to be keeping the ground in the lighting harness from working and the headlight power from getting there. but when you put on the high beams the power gets to the harness but the ground is still not going through. Any Ideas which relay could cause this?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:39 pm
Is there an actual ground wire, or are the light fixtures just grounded direct to the frame. If the latter, it just might be corrosion.

Actually, from the sequence of failures, rather than everything quitting all at once, I'm inclined to suspect the switch - especially since you say you've checked the relays.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:48 pm
It could be a switch. What year is your car? Much of the electrical system in many cars is now computerized. It may be a computer glitch. If so, it should be covered by warranty.
0 Replies