World Of Warcarft

Seed

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:11 pm
Anyone else out here playing this?

Why is it so addictive?

I have 4 charracters on 4 different servers.

my 40 hunter is Dunemaul...

What you guys got?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,841 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:14 pm
I'm not playing it, Seed, but is it "Warcraft"?

Since you're playing it, can you tell me why it's so addictive?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:21 pm
Hey Seed. I don't play as I can't afford to (geez!). But, my brother does. He's had several characters. He likes it and, though he found the chat-side confusing at first, he now enjoys it.

His guild has a video here: www.defendersofeternity.com
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:54 pm
you are corredt Tico.. i didnt take the time and look ove rmy work before i posted...

its just such a completely emmersing game. every level of the game is fun to me. There are so many things and people you can interact with.
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 07:25 pm
My friend plays WoW all the time, and he has a penchant for calling it World of Warcrack because he goes on these 18-hour leveling binges. I personally haven't played it, because I don't have a computer, but once i get one, that is one of the first games I am going to get. That and Diablo 2: LOD. (Blizzard makes the coolest games.)
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 01:43 pm
I decided to reactivate my account for spring break and now my priest is up on lvl 42. Don't know if I'll play it as much being I'm back in school now.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 22 May, 2006 05:17 am
Warcraft III Rocks.... The Frozen Thorne Edition is Too Good...
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 24 May, 2006 02:35 am
Hey guys refer to this ... Its cool....

Intelligent Warcraft
0 Replies

Raener

Reply Sat 24 Jun, 2006 09:04 pm
'WoW' is a weak and crappy MMORPG compared to giants like 'EverQuest' (not 'EQ2' that is noob ridden [like WoW] as the hardcore players quit when it came out) and 'Vanguard: Saga of Heroes' (created by the original EQ creator) to be released later this year hopefully.

My advice: 'A noob of MMORPGs? Play WoW, you'll fit in snug like a bug.' Otherwise play something half decent.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 26 Jun, 2006 06:07 am
Raener, admit that you have no taste in computer games.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 10:46 am
Raener wrote:
'WoW' is a weak and crappy MMORPG compared to giants like 'EverQuest' (not 'EQ2' that is noob ridden [like WoW] as the hardcore players quit when it came out) and 'Vanguard: Saga of Heroes' (created by the original EQ creator) to be released later this year hopefully.

My advice: 'A noob of MMORPGs? Play WoW, you'll fit in snug like a bug.' Otherwise play something half decent.

You're kidding, right?

WoW is a very good and fun game that can test your skill, your stamina, and your patience.

It teaches cooperation, communication, and social skills, and has an excellent economic system that is supply-demand based.

I have been playing since last November and it really is quite addictive.
0 Replies

Junior86

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:52 am
Surprisingly I seem to find people I've for ages have been playing WOW too and I had no idea. Must be pretty addictive. Some even risk failing subjects at Uni to play Confused
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 08:59 pm
Oh good lord... heheh!!! AWESOME game! People who've never played it couldn't even imagine how deep and complex this game can be. The mechanics behind the game are genius imo; being a cumulative point system instead of a linear percentage deal, so that there's no "cap" on what they can introduce with the weekly updates. What's great about the game though is that they have truly captured the social aspect of old time pen & paper RPGs and the feeling of real acomplishment derived from teamwork. I play on Dragonblight server, and large raiding guilds there are run like high level amateur sports programs; Scheduled practices, incentive programs, tournaments, ect. The game doesn't "raise the bar" for other computer games, it completely changes the concept of the entertainment value of these games; The competition and challenge created by the interaction system of WoW is as real anything you can find in real life. It IS very addictive for that reason. My computer got zapped by a power surge about 5 weeks ago and I'm on an old slow laptop as we speak- or I'd be playing WoW right now. Looking back now it's more than a little concerning... I had been playing for about a year and a half, with two level 60's (one being in a serious raiding guild), three mage characters between lvls 25-35 for farming materials, four bank characters for storing items and one horde character for auction house transfers. The game was starting to feel like a real life job... which at times i was putting in 90 - 100 hours a week on. 18 hour binges? I've done 72 hour binges.

Best video game ever conceived. Wink

Warning: The preceding statement is my OPINION, so please don't argue.

No joke though, it should come with a Surgeon General's warning.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2006 10:41 pm
90-100 hours on WoW a week? WOW indeed..

I've played a while myself, but my highest lvl char is a 54 priest, also have a 34 hunter and several others. I don't think I'll be playing when Burning Crusade comes out, but who knows?

I wish I had more time to spend on the game, but I don't like making time just to play it, except when I'll play with someone I know.
0 Replies

Bawb

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2006 06:18 pm
I have a 60 warrior on Burning legion, and am starting a warlock.

I barely play though, it took me two years to hit 60 ( I just did a week or so ago ).
0 Replies

inovartis

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 09:42 pm
Warcraft is an awesome game, I was completely addicted to it for 4 straight months, all I did was work, play warcraft and sleep as little as possible. It's probably the best game Ive ever played, but it's just so addictive, I don't think I will play again, just because I can no longer afford to play all evenings non stop *sigh*
0 Replies

hyper426

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 04:38 pm
WoW kept me from a break-down my senior year. I had moved out on my own and had to work AND keep my saluditorian status all independently. Needless to say I was stressed out. WoW gave me my escape, although it stole some of my limited sleep. The problem was the addiction. Then I had to quit playing for a month, and now i play because I want to and enjoy it, not because i HAVE to. lol, but I just recently reached 60, and that is, sadly, when the game really begins. WoW never ends, and I can't wait for the xpack!
0 Replies

bendragonbrown

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 10:00 am
I don't
I don't play it just because I know that it is the sort of thing that I'd get completely addicted to if I did.
0 Replies

Solace a2k

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2007 09:54 am
ARGH!!!!
What about runescape....
0 Replies

babemomlover

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 10:24 am
I had two level 70 characters.
School began to take too much time, and I couldn't give my guild the time they wanted me to put in.
Although, it is a pretty fun game.
0 Replies