Removing ball-point pen from wallpaper... any advice?

DrewDad

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 09:57 am
Who do I look like... George Bush?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 10:05 am
Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:08 pm
my ex, the Monster, wrote Ho-ho-ho on the wall in big letters... he must have been around five. When faced by his mother, he stated, quite convincingly:
"C'est pas moi, c'est Timun" (It wasn't me, it was Timun - the cat). Mom lost it and was laughing for hours.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:10 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
my ex, the Monster, wrote Ho-ho-ho on the wall in big letters... he must have been around five. When faced by his mother, he stated, quite convincingly:
"C'est pas moi, c'est Timun" (It wasn't me, it was Timun - the cat). Mom lost it and was laughing for hours.
Well I think Timun was a very naughty cat. especially not to own up.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:14 pm
poor Timun, had an unhappy ending. Also orchestrated (albeit unintentionally) by the Monster.
It was time for lunch, so he sent the cat down with a string around his neck that had a note "I'll be right down" attached at the end. He thought it was funny. Cat had other plans than to go deliver the note, however. Got outside, climbed a tree and the string got entangled and the cat essentially hanged itself..... with a note attached saying "I'll be right down"... Monster's mom was enraged, thinking which sick cruel beast could have done such attrocity. It took Monster 3 days to fess up.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:20 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
poor Timun, had an unhappy ending. Also orchestrated (albeit unintentionally) by the Monster.
It was time for lunch, so he sent the cat down with a string around his neck that had a note "I'll be right down" attached at the end. He thought it was funny. Cat had other plans than to go deliver the note, however. Got outside, climbed a tree and the string got entangled and the cat essentially hanged itself..... with a note attached saying "I'll be right down"... Monster's mom was enraged, thinking which sick cruel beast could have done such attrocity. It took Monster 3 days to fess up.
Is that true?? Very Happy Shocked Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:25 pm
ohhhh yes. pure truth. the story has been told many many times. Monster uses it to charm naive girls. He got me that way, too. Well that, and playing Black Bird on his guitar I suppose...
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:30 pm
well I'm not sure I will sleep well tonight, thinking about poor said dead cat.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:33 pm
my current solution is a beat it before it happens solution......

wich may not help you... Laughing

Post it brand has sticky memo paper that is about 2 feet x 2 feet.
It is ment to be a poster board.. but has adhesive on the back that is then enough it comes off easily.

I have this in places on our walls just so she has a spot to draw on.
When full.. I remove it, and put up another piece.

it is cheap.. 12 dollars for a package of 18 sheets.

Might help

then again, it might encourage MORE wall drawing.. but NOT on the paper..
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 02:49 pm
What a horrible story Dag...so I guess he was the Monster back then too?

My baby sister was born when I was five. One of the gifts they got included this little bear filled with baby powder.
It was March and I was missing the winter, so I decided to make it snow all over a houseplant. Actually, I thought it looked really cool, the ground in the pot looked very festive. With my work done there, I went on to draw on the underside of the coffee table (another story)

My mother asked me if I did that. Her tone was the first inkling I had was that something was wrong….

"no"
"you didn't do that?"
"no….."
"Well. Who did?"
"I don't know"

She called my three older siblings and my father in and asked each of us in turn if they had doused the plant with baby powder

No
No
No
No

Chai, did you do it?
No…

By that time, it was such a big deal, I couldn't back out without loosing face.
Eventually it was dropped, but not until I was humiliated.

When I was 42, I unburdened myself to my mother on the phone that I had made it snow all other the houseplant.

She of course didn't know what I was talking about, just that whacky Chai being different again.
Hmmm….she never did figure out what made me so wacky.

Wall paper can be replaced. Mistrust and fear are harder to get rid of by far.
0 Replies

Phil Hughes

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
remove wall paper
knock down wall
rebuild house
replace wall paper
easy

These steps are, in fact, easy; the exception is the third item, for which a contractor is required- unless you are a contractor. :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
Hey, welcome to a2k, Phil Hughes...
0 Replies

Phil Hughes

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:20 pm
Thank you ossobuco- thank you very much. Smile
0 Replies