Rainsoft Amazon Gold Regeneration problem

rogerl

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 03:31 pm
Hi, I have had a rainsoft amazon gold system since 2002 installed in my old house. I sold the house in 2004 and the system has been in storage for the last two years. Finally got round to having it reinstalled in my new house a couple of weeks ago but I am not sure if it is working properly.

The Engineer said he had set the hardness to 18 after testing my water and then said it was working ok. So that it would regenerate straight away, he manually set the water used to 300 (not sure if that is gallons or litres. We are in the UK). After a few days I didn't think it was working and tested the water. The only tester I have is for aquarium water but that said the water after the unit had a general hardness of >16dGH. When I run the same test on water form before the unit the reading was the same. Water form the RO unit tested ok with a reading of <3dGH.

I run a manual regeneration and retested and the reading dropped to <3dGH.

That was on Saturday. It is now Wednesday and according to the unit it has quantity used is now 367 the reading is still <3dGH but I would have thought it should have regenerated by now. I have run a few tests setting the clock to just before the regen time and manually increasing the quantity used to 400, 500, 600, 999. It only started to regenerate on 999 as I wanted to try a quantity of more than 1000 to see if it was indeed working.

What makes me think that it is not working properly is a few weeks before it was removed from my old house, the water seemed to loose its softness. We had an instant hot water system and could usually notice a change straight away in the shower if someone was using it when the system went into regeneration. I had asked the engineer to have a look but then sold the house and had it deinstalled before he came around.

My question is how often should it regenerate automatically? The system is a lot smaller than most of the photos on this forum.

The model is AQC 6055 v 50/6 0HZ

Also what are the different setting in the menu and is what I have correct

P 21:25 Time of day
h 02:00 Regenerate time of day
S 00:01 Salt Level
H 00:18 Hardness ?
C 00:18 Hardness ?
CP 00:33 ???
u 03:67 Quantity of water used. Litres or Gallons?
L 00:00 ???
c 03:33 ???
dP 00:02 ???
r cl:rd ???

Thanks in advance for any help.
Roger.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,481 • Replies: 3
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
If it will help - I can mail you a photo copy of the Installers handbook that covers programing the computer.
Email me with your contact information.
0 Replies

rogerl

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 02:51 am
Thanks H2O_MAN

email sent.

Roger.
0 Replies

AliceInWonderland

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
Does it appear to be worse now than it was before? If so, where was it stored? If it was stored in a location where it was subject to freezing temperatures, resin beads can crack, burst, etc. which will cause the bed to channel and you will see high hardness. Backwashing is supposed to remove broken beads, but if a large portion of the beads are broken, backwashing won't be able to do the job.
0 Replies