Chai

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:25 pm
more pics please!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:27 pm
If a boy, I'd suggest Roofus. Or Woof, or something bark-like. But, she looks so girlie and playful.
Bootsie, littlek's dog, thought all her life she was a tiny dog, if not a cat. she loves sitting in people's laps and always tried to stuff herself in spaces far too small for her. lk will surely have the best advice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:34 pm
Ask and ye shall receive!

This is another priceless facial expression.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5929/dog28nq.jpg

And here she is sniffing at a biscuit, which she rolled around in her mouth just enough to make slimey and then spit out.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9537/dog48cx.jpg

I don't have any more right now....but will update for sure. Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:35 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

Bootsie, littlek's dog, thought all her life she was a tiny dog, if not a cat. she loves sitting in people's laps and always tried to stuff herself in spaces far too small for her. lk will surely have the best advice.

Boxers think they are lap dogs. I am sure that she will always want to be up in our laps, which sucks because my hubby says "She is not allowed on the couch!" Sad
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:37 pm
farhead wrinkles!

she'll figure out where to poop soon...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:39 pm
"Bella" would be a good name as well.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:26 pm
She's gorgeous! awwww, so so sweet. Boxers can be so much fun.

Are her eyes really that blue or is it the lighting?

No ideas for names......I'm busy looking for red cuticles on your hand Bella. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:09 am
We went with Zoe.

And last night, Zoe was a terror.

We took her to the vet for her first check up and vaccination. Everything was wonderful. Except her stool sample. She has round worm. Confused

Poor baby!

We are having her treated so hopefully, this will go away and everything will be ok again. However, I've read that roundworm eggs can live for a very long time and that bleach doesn't kill them ( Exclamation ) so does anyone know if there is anything I can spray on my yard to make sure her poopie isn't spreading this worm? Also, what are the chances of me or my hubby getting it, considering we handle her and her poopie a lot right now. Question I mean, I wash my hands after cleaning up after her but what if she wipes her butt on something, we touch it, don't know she wiped her butt on it, don't wash and then eat? I am seriously concerned about getting them because they are worse in humans. Question Confused Sad
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:38 am
Round worm is just a part of puppyhood and easily fixed. You don't have to spray the yard, but you might want to get a pooper scooper at the pet store (the metal one is best). Just pick up the poop with the scooper as soon as she goes and throw it out in a plastic bag. Wash you hands well and often. Grown-ups are not at risk the way a small child or another puppy would be. My father breed Labs when I was a kid and it was my job and my brother's to clean up after puppies - we never got round worm and we were not always as careful as we should have been. It's really gross when that worm finally comes out.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:39 am
Green Witch wrote:
It's really gross when that worm finally comes out.

She passed one last night and several this morning. Sad
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:21 am
flushd wrote:

Are her eyes really that blue or is it the lighting?

Her eyes are actually brown. Just weird lighting I guess. That flash.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 05:30 pm
Keep in mind that roundworm eggs are not infective. They need to hatch and molt twice. It's the third-stage larva that penetrates the gut, and they're also microscopic.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 01:02 pm
oOooOOoOooohhhhhhhhh, how dang cute!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 03:50 pm
bootsie should be zoe's mentor.
ya know, show her the ropes.

lesson one: Pooping Outside...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:07 am
She is doing very well. Zoe is very smart. She knows when she goes in the house she shouldn't have. And she is getting better at letting us know when she needs to go out. WHen we do take her out, she goes right away. She FINALLY learned that she can pee and poop during the same outside excursion. It was like, pee. Go in. 5 minutes later. Go back out to poop. I am pleased with the progress but wish she'd just hurry up and grow a bigger bladder.

She is really mouthy now, biting everything. I have scratches and bite marks from her little razor teeth all over my arms and legs. And she likes socks and pant legs. But already she's learned "let go" and she lets go. Testing her boundaries I am sure.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:24 pm
Aw. I miss puppy-bootsie.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:45 pm
did bootsie have a poopsie-problem like zoe?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:01 pm
Similar. Don't all puppies? She learned fast that she should go outside and when she had accidents she felt bad about it. She also learned quickly to tell me when she needed to go out.

Bella, it doesn't take long to get them straightened out - in retrospect.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 08:40 am
She does feel bad when she goes in the house and we are learning that a door scratch or a bark near the door means I HAVE TO POOP. She's doing well but it's tiring and frustrating.

She's just so darn cute though.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
here's a thought, when we got sally and were going though "go pee outside" thing we tied a ribbon with some bells tied to it on the door knob so Sally could easily walk to the door and "ring the bell" when she needed out. She still does this today.
0 Replies