Anselm's 'Necessary Being'...

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 08:02 am
Promise not to tell anyone this Frank; but, a little piece of me deep down inside, agrees with you; but I didn't say that!
right?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 08:07 am
Your secret is safe with me, Bo.

We finally have gotten a gorgeous day here on the east coast. We've had rain damn near every day for a month. I am looking forward to being outside all day (I'm working at the golf course this afternoon) -- and I hope that everyone has as enjoyable a day as I intend to have.

Peace to everyone.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 08:43 am
Hmm; "working at the golf course", always suspected you were a "swinger";
just heading out myself on two wheels; enjoy1 Laughing
0 Replies

shaunx

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 04:00 am
i doubt very much that anyone can think of a perfect man (assuming God is male). If they had the miraculous clarity of imagination to imagine perfection, it would be subjective and would mean that everyone has their own God. We might be able to hold that each person has their own interpretation of God. But this would mean that God's perfection would be an omnifarious manifestation of believers' ideals and, in short, be subjective.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2003 07:22 am
shaunx, welcome to A2K.

Sure I can think of a perfect man - as can any other woman!

Yes, of course my image of a perfect man is subjective. So are the concepts we hold of gods, which probably explains why there have been thousands of gods who have evolved over the course of human history, and even today Christians cannot agree on who God is or what he wants of us.

Perhaps there is a being so vast that it contains every possible aspect and attribute, and each person sees only what they need or want to see. Perhaps God is mutable and changes for each person. Perhaps god exists only in the minds of those who find it necessary to believe in him. Who knows?
0 Replies