0 Replies

Mandso

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 04:16 pm
but there's no snow, so that sortof drags it down a bit
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 07:10 pm
As reported by the Olympics......

15 million active snowboarders worldwide....

snowboarding population in the US doubled
in the last five years....

snowboarders regarded as the bohemians,
the artistes of the Olympics.....

Did you see "the flying tomato ( Il Pomodoro Volante)?"
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 07:56 pm
We have plenty of snow and mountains to go around for both the Skiers and Snowboarders, I dont mind either sport.
As for Roller blades here, the fad is gone now, its back to the Skateboard again in a big way.
0 Replies

rg123

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 07:39 am
I tried skiing in my 20's, learned snowboarding at 39, and I find snowboarding a lot more fun. My experience with learning both is that snowboarding is tougher and more painful to learn right at first. People tend to have a lot more difficulty learning to turn on a snowboard in the beginning. If you do it wrong, you catch an edge and get slammed down much harder than falls you take when learning to ski. So, at first, a lot of people stay on either their toe edge or heel edge a lot. This really tires out the calves (toe edge) and quads (heel edge) much more than skiing. All of this does make you see beginning snowboarders sitting down in the snow more than beginning skiers. But - once you get the hang of switching edges and turning on a snowboard, I think the learning curve up to advanced levels is possibly easier with snowboarding than with skiing. You should judge snowboarding by the people you see on the slopes who know what they're doing (just as you should judge skiing - instead of by the beginners snow-plowing all over the place). All that being said, I do think it's inconsiderate of anyone to stay sitting in the middle of a slope - but I have seen plenty of inconsiderate skiers out there as well as inconsiderate snowboarders.
0 Replies