The Quran on Mountains

mesquite

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
In case anyone would like to see plate tectonics in action, there is a terrific animation of the breakup of the super continent Gondwana and continental drift over the past 200 million years.

Our resident expert on geological matters, farmerman, gave it this review.

farmerman wrote:
Mesquite. That was an excellent animation of the split of Gondwana and the rapid movement of the Indian Subcontinent.
The gold and mineral provinces of the Karoo in Africa and Minas Gerais in Brazil, line up and this is an excellent teACHING TOOL.Im gonna see if I cant get a version to allow me to use the laptop projector.

What is presented at 10 frames a second is the resukt of about 30 years work by thousands of researchers and field grunts. Its amazing , as I look at the almost obvious fits of continents and margins, how much deep insight and hard work it took to determine accurately.

Takes about 1.5 minutes to load on my high speed, so I guess those on dial up , it may take 5 or 6?

See it here. Gondwana Animation[/u]

The idea of mountains acting as a stabilizer to lessen the effect of earthquakes is beyond silly.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 07:57 pm
Doktor S wrote:
An obvious authority on everything scientific wrote:

remember NOT all mountains are volcanic, MOST ARENT, and its a scientific fact that mountains have ROOTS and that they prevent earth from shaking too much during an earthquake. imagine if it wasnt for non volcanic mountains, then earthquakes wouldve been way more worst. so wat ur saying is nonsense. again, its been scientifically proven that mountains have roots and prevent earth from shaking too much. ur just an ignorant fool who doeasnt wantto admit to the truth, well at least be man enough to admit to science, science has proved this. wat ur saying is complete non sense, because most mountains are not volcanic only a few are. so those non volcanic mountains that dont errupt do prevent earth from shaking too much during an earthquake. go read the facts.

Of course! It all makes sense now. Geology is a complete lie, a scam, meant to pull the wool over our eyes.
Mountains are not formed by tectonic plates colliding, as we are taught, but are placed there, held down by roots (otherwise they might fall over), to keep earthquakes from doing too much damage. Of course the earthquakes themselves are nothing more than the anger of Allah.
Thank you, male, for opening my eyes.

geology is not a lie, read this for proof from GEOLOGY that mountains do indeed have roots as the quran claimed

http://ruby.colorado.edu/~smyth/G1010/18Landforms.pdf
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 09:42 pm
Humm
Downloaded the PDF, perused it.
Why am I not surprised to see nery a word about mountain roots?
The only conclusion : geologists need to read the qu'ran more!
0 Replies