The Quran on Mountains

male

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:36 pm
Another proof regarding the truth of the Holy Quran.

Read what The Holy Quran told us about the mountains 1400 years ago.

http://www.religionsonline.info/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=171&PN=1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,578 • Replies: 42
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
Heinrich Himmler also spent his time looking for "scientific evidence" to support his particular tribal mythology.

Why can't fundamentalists realise that selection of scientific evidence is a mark of intellectual bankruptcy ?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:45 pm
because not many of them have an intellect
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 01:55 pm
fresco wrote:
Heinrich Himmler also spent his time looking for "scientific evidence" to support his particular tribal mythology.

Why can't fundamentalists realise that selection of scientific evidence is a mark of intellectual bankruptcy ?

because you are an ignorant fool whos got his nose in his ass. you dont give two shits about even reading the first sentence, and you open ur big mouth, and talk ****. then what about all this:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68358&start=0

prove all that to be wrong, like you "PROVED" the claims about mountains to be "WRONG"!!!!
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:01 pm
Ah....now we have the braying of the inarticulate....another shining example of the benefits of religion ! Smile
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:09 pm
Seriously male,

Why don't you take a look at some elementary philosophy of science where you will find out about the pitfalls of assuming the layman's concepts of "proof" and "truth". It would be a great pity if your conditioning prevented you from taking such a simple step.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:15 pm
no chance of that. It means using grey matter. Thats the whole point of a religious text like the Koran, it give all the answers (on matters of fact almost invariably wrong) and obviates the necessity to think. Its basically for no-brainers.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:19 pm
fresco wrote:
Ah....now we have the braying of the inarticulate....another shining example of the benefits of religion ! Smile

it seems like you care not to answer, well let me clarify... ahemm

would you not mind disproving all this as you "DISPROVED" the mountain claims in the Quran:

AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT CRAP "I DON'T NEED TO PROVE OR DISPROVE ANYTHING"

You opened your big mouth now you have to answer, if youre not going to then shutup and don't talk **** next time.

I DONT WANT YOU MAKING A STUPID COMMENT, I WANT YOU TO DISPROVE EVERY SINGLE SCIENTIFIC CLAIM THAT THE QURAN MADE AND PROVIDE ME WITH ANSWERS, SINCE YOU LOVE OPENING YOUR BIG MOUTH AND TALKING ****, WHATS EVEN FUNNIER IS THAT YOU HAVENT EVEN DISPROVED THIS CLAIM ABUT THE MOUNTAINS!

HERES THE LINK:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68358
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:21 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
no chance of that. It means using grey matter. Thats the whole point of a religious text like the Koran, it give all the answers (on matters of fact almost invariably wrong) and obviates the necessity to think. Its basically for no-brainers.

ILL ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION:

would you not mind disproving all this as you "DISPROVED" the mountain claims in the Quran:

You opened your big mouth now you have to answer, if youre not going to then shutup and don't talk **** next time.

I DONT WANT YOU MAKING A STUPID COMMENT, I WANT YOU TO DISPROVE EVERY SINGLE SCIENTIFIC CLAIM THAT THE QURAN MADE AND PROVIDE ME WITH ANSWERS, SINCE YOU LOVE OPENING YOUR BIG MOUTH AND TALKING ****, WHATS EVEN FUNNIER IS THAT YOU HAVENT EVEN DISPROVED THIS CLAIM ABUT THE MOUNTAINS!

HERES THE LINK AGAIN:

0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:21 pm
Ali, you are rude and ignorant. Not fit to engage with.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:22 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Ali, you are rude and ignorant. Not fit to engage with.

YES IM IGNORANT!

ILL ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN:

HERES THE LINK AGAIN:

0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:27 pm
Steve,

Yes - largely a rhetorical question but worth a try.
These guys also tend to suffer from "the temptation by the Devil" syndrome which causes premature shut-down.

(Good "Radio Five" quote by the way - I must have missed it.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:27 pm
ALI LIKES TO SHOUT AT EVERYONE BECAUSE HE THINKS HIS PRATTLE WILL BE HEARD THAT WAY.

But what he doesn't realize is that no one is listening to his incessant chatter.

And since your last thread got locked, I just wanted to answer you quickly, Ali.

"Do the Math" means that I was able to come up, off the top of my head and not some stupid website, 3 major events in which Muslims killed innocent people in the name of the Quran. It means that if I was given hundreds of years to study and go by, I could come up with far more for you. You can call me names all you want but it is still you who looks ignorant.

Also, in answer to your question about us killing in Iraq...the answer is the US has killed too many, but still far far less than Muslims killing other Muslims. And far less than the leader of the country, who thankfully is no longer there, but who murdered and exterminated his own people.

You are a sad and stupid, insignificant man.
0 Replies

ali87

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:34 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
ALI LIKES TO SHOUT AT EVERYONE BECAUSE HE THINKS HIS PRATTLE WILL BE HEARD THAT WAY.

But what he doesn't realize is that no one is listening to his incessant chatter.

And since your last thread got locked, I just wanted to answer you quickly, Ali.

"Do the Math" means that I was able to come up, off the top of my head and not some stupid website, 3 major events in which Muslims killed innocent people in the name of the Quran. It means that if I was given hundreds of years to study and go by, I could come up with far more for you. You can call me names all you want but it is still you who looks ignorant.

Also, in answer to your question about us killing in Iraq...the answer is the US has killed too many, but still far far less than Muslims killing other Muslims. And far less than the leader of the country, who thankfully is no longer there, but who murdered and exterminated his own people.

You are a sad and stupid, insignificant man.

well anyone reading that would know whos stupid and who made a stupid comment, i bet you wished u hadnt said that lolll, but anyway since i dont want to get off topic here, im gonna ask you the same question i asked the the two other stooges:

HERES THE LINK AGAIN:

0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:39 pm
ali87 wrote:

well anyone reading that would know whos stupid and who made a stupid comment, i bet you wished u hadnt said that lolll,

Said what?

ali87 wrote:

If you are going to insult me, at least do it with some class. You are just...you know what, I won't even go there because you aren't worth it. I don't have to answer anything. I am not the one trying to prove that I am part of some master religion.

ali87 wrote:

I want you to prove it. Why should I waste my time trying to prove something to you when you won't listen to a thing anyone else has to say?

Your insults won't get you anywhere, except maybe banned, which wouldn't be so bad, since I don't like you much.

[/quote]
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:39 pm
A few wise words from celebrated thinkers:

"... in science there is no 'knowledge', in the sense in which Plato and Aristotle understood the word, in the sense which implies finality; in science, we never have sufficient reason for the belief that we have attained the truth. ... This view means, furthermore, that we have no proofs in science (excepting, of course, pure mathematics and logic). In the empirical sciences, which alone can furnish us with information about the world we live in, proofs do not occur, if we mean by 'proof' an argument which establishes once and for ever the truth of a theory."

Sir Karl PopperRichard Feynman (1918-1988).

"A religious creed differs from a scientific theory in claiming to embody eternal and absolutely certain truth, whereas science is always tentative, expecting that modification in its present theories will sooner or later be found necessary, and aware that its method is one which is logically incapable of arriving at a complete and final demonstration."

Bertrand RussellAlbert Einstein, in Science, Philosophy and Religion, A Symposium, 1941.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:43 pm
Not to mention, Ali, I couldn't care less about the Quran and the mountains. Hell, I didn't even read the stupid post! I wouldn't even engage in conversation (if you can even call your half conversation) with you if it wasn't for the fact that you seem to keep making claims that Muslims are saints of some sort and Christians are the devil.

When right now, the reputation of Islam isn't so shiny and pretty.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 02:53 pm
Ali--

Listen, dude... If you think you have proven something, then state your proof. Give us one case at a time. (And tone it down. Seriously, you're gonna get yourself kicked-off.)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:00 pm
I think I may be able to explain it to Ali in language he can understand. The simple fact is Ali, that you are wrong because we have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these people don't understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

We even have pictures of the creation event clearly showing the mountains being created along with trees and a midget.

http://www.venganza.org/him2.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 03:03 pm
Finally, Mesquite, someone who has made some sense on this thread!!
0 Replies