Best Independent Films

mac11

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:11 pm
Thanks for the reminder, bethie. I'm on my way to add The Squid and the Whale to my Netflix queue.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 07:54 pm
mele42846 wrote:
Oh, you've got me wrong, amigo. I am positively a libertine. I have been in the forefront of the fight for personal liberty and keeping the government out of the bedroom.

Have you been active in the fight against the idiotic laws against Incest?

I have

Have you marched and been booed for your stand on Polygamy? It happened to me.

Have you been spit on when you pointed out that young men and women were married at the ages of ten, eleven and twelve during the Middle Ages and were not declared to be too young for sexual activity?

I have.

Have you had a beloved pet taken away because of your insistence that beastiality was not harmful but positively life enhancing?

It happened to me>

So don't go putting on airs!!!
What does that have to do with what film is better then the other. The Oscars is about films and who is the better artesian not wether you do or do not agree with film makers marital matter.

Crash was not that good.

Your talking to the wrong guy about being on the losing side of a protest or standing against the odds for what he believes. There is a time and place for everything. That you associate this film with bestiality and child abuse says it all.

Answer me true, have you seen the film???????? I have,nt.

P.S. The best independent film is "Repo man"
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 09:50 pm
Why are you getting so excited about the post, Amigo.

You do know, of course, that Brokeback broke new ground.

Movies do that.

I am suggesting that there ought to be movies that break ground on Incest, Beastiality and Pederasty.

I do know that a sequel is in the works for Brokeback.

It is really a Prequel. It tells how and why the cowboys lost their best sheep and had to turn to one another for consolation.

You do remember the sheep and Gene Wilder in All you wanted to know about Sex but were afraid to ask?

They are such beautiful animals. It is so easy to fall in love with a sheep.

I can see that you do not know much about avant-garde plays. If you did, you would know that one of the greatest plays of all time__"Who is Sylvia" was in many ways an inspiration to Ang Lee.

Who is Sylvia( subtitled the Goat) was a heartbreaking story of a man who fell in love with his Goat only to have his brutal Goatophobic wife murder the goat at the end of the play in a fit of rage.

Look it up, Amigo, a truly heartbreaking story of lost love!!!
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 11:43 am
You should really really see Transamerica. Felicity Huffman is stellar playing a man who wants to be a woman - but who is really a woman! - . Mind boggling but simply great.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2007 07:41 pm
i recently watched All About Lily Chou-Chou which was so far the best indy/foreign film i have ever seen. the plot is kindof hard to follow but if u pay attention you can figure it out. i highly suggest it
0 Replies