Best Independent Films

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 12:48 am
I thought Brokeback was boring compared to Crash. The Academy showed good sense in choosing Crash.
I had seen Brokeback before. Woody Allen made a film called "All you wanted to know about Sex but were afraid to ask" in which a psychologist(Gene Wilder) fell in love with a sheep.

Same plot as BrokebacK!!!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:00 am
Crash sucked. I just watched Crash. It did nothing for me at all. I forgot about it immediately and i'm not saying that because I like brokeback. I haven't even seen it.

Crash was just maginal, no big deal and sub-par. If it wern't for the subject matter there would be nothing there.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:13 am
Crash sucked? The only reason Brokeback didn't suck was because of the positions.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 01:21 am
Ignore him, Amigo -- he's an escaped troll, likely from the IMDb boards. I doubt he's even seen "Brokeback Mountain," and if he did his taste is all in his mouth which is hard to do when you've already placed your foot in it.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 02:39 pm
As you may be aware, Lightwizard--The reason why Brokeback did not win the award is that there were not enough people like Gore Vidal voting for it. When people can vote in secret then their true leanings come out.

so sorry!!!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 02:52 pm
There were enough people voting for the screenplay, the score and the director. There were enough people in each category to nominate it eight times, more than any other film. Though it's likely to remain an anamoly still doesn't let Oscar off the hook. What is coming out is something far worse --the Academy members aren't even seeing all the films. It works much like political elections where people vote without really looking at each candidate. If the Academy isn't worried about their image and secretly thinking, "Let them eat cake," so be it. I think next year there should be an Oscar for best dressed star. Not.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 02:57 pm
BTW, leave the "Brokeback" jokes to professionals like Bill Maher.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 03:17 pm
mele42846 wrote:
As you may be aware, Lightwizard--The reason why Brokeback did not win the award is that there were not enough people like Gore Vidal voting for it. When people can vote in secret then their true leanings come out.

so sorry!!!!!
Don't fight it mele. Times have changed. It's ok to declare your love of other men to the world. Your only making it worse. You queen ,you :wink:
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2006 11:09 pm
Oh, you've got me wrong, amigo. I am positively a libertine. I have been in the forefront of the fight for personal liberty and keeping the government out of the bedroom.

Have you been active in the fight against the idiotic laws against Incest?

I have

Have you marched and been booed for your stand on Polygamy? It happened to me.

Have you been spit on when you pointed out that young men and women were married at the ages of ten, eleven and twelve during the Middle Ages and were not declared to be too young for sexual activity?

I have.

Have you had a beloved pet taken away because of your insistence that beastiality was not harmful but positively life enhancing?

It happened to me>

So don't go putting on airs!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:07 am
No comment.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:10 am
Of course, you have no comment.

You push the envelope but only in the directions you wish it to go. When others-seeking the same rights--push the envelope, there is no support.

Typical of selfish positions which are just geared to self-satisfaction instead of principle!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 12:15 am
Call your psychiatrist, take two shots of whiskey, and post again in the morning. I think the principal wants to see you in the office.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:33 am
hAha- I used to be a principal and I know that people like you have no comment when they are faced with a situation that "pushes the envelope".

You want license and tolerance but do not wish to give it to all.
Again, what is wrong with nullifying the laws on the books against incest, pederasty, and beastiality?

You have no answer because it is a problem that you can't handle.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:57 am
This is not a discussion of your sexual preferences.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 10:59 am
A non-sequitur and an obvious admission that you can't handle the original question!!

Don't demean yourself any longer. Either address the issue or get some rest!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:07 am
Start a thread on the subject, whatever that is -- it doesn't belong in "Independent Films."
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:12 am
Neither does:

Call your psychiatrist, take two shots of whiskey, and post again in the morning. I think the principal wants to see you in the office.

Only highly inarticulate people respond as you have- Light Wizard!!!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:20 am
Aw, did I hurt your poor little feelings. You were posting comments that had nothing to do with this thread and insinuating a political discussion that only you want to indulge in. Go indulge yourself somewhere else. Face it, you are a troll.
0 Replies

mele42846

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:44 am
What is a troll? Is that anything like an invert?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 11:52 am
I'm looking forward to seeing The Squid and the Whale.

Laura Linney is one of those actors who makes choices worth following, IMHO.
0 Replies