TOWER OF BABEL

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:15 pm
dlowan wrote:
Does that mean god was considered one of Mary's father's sons, too?

So...like, Jesus was Mary's son AND her nephew?

Or was she sleeping with her brothers, god and Joseph, cos they were both her father's sons?

This bible is WEIRD.

Dlowan... just curious... is that a cigarette you are smokin or....

ummm nevermind....

bwaaaaaaaa hahaha! Just kidding!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:18 pm
talk72000 wrote:
Joseph was the son of Jacob according to Matthew 1:16 but Luke in 3:23 says Joseph was the son of Heli.

Case of same-sex marriage as Joseph had TWO fathers?

As Jesus wasn't a son of Joseph, a direct descendant of David, he couldn't possibly be the prophesied messiah.

The connection to David was through Mary's line as well!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:22 pm
hephzibah wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Or was she sleeping with her brothers, god and Joseph, cos they were both her father's sons?

This bible is WEIRD.

Dlowan... just curious... is that a cigarette you are smokin or....

ummm nevermind....

bwaaaaaaaa hahaha! Just kidding!

Haven't you noticed the ears droopevery once in a while ????

Anon
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:41 pm
Re: TOWER OF BABEL
Cliff Hanger wrote:
Setanta wrote:
And Lot, in the cave, with his daughters . . . what was up with that? (Any Jews feel free to jump in on this one--i did get a rabbi with that one once, but i wanna see what you say.)

What happened with Lot? Did he shtoop his daughters?

Actually they intentionally got him drunk so they could take advantage of him because I'm sure they knew if they asked him while he was sober he would say, "HECK NO!" because it was wrong. ACK. They did it to preserve the lineage of their father. He was old, they were all he had left, and there was no one else around to... ahem... you know... so yeah... it was gross I'll give you that. But in the Jewish culture having sons was a BIG deal. Daughters, yeah, they're good, but to have a son well he was the one to inherit your wealth, he was the one to carry on the name. With no sons your name died off and became forgotten.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 10:59 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
talk72000 wrote:
Joseph was the son of Jacob according to Matthew 1:16 but Luke in 3:23 says Joseph was the son of Heli.

Case of same-sex marriage as Joseph had TWO fathers?

As Jesus wasn't a son of Joseph, a direct descendant of David, he couldn't possibly be the prophesied messiah.

The connection to David was through Mary's line as well!!

Anon

Exactally!

And yes I've noticed those ears drooping... just thought maybe he was tired... LOL
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:17 pm
No, She is stoned ... you can tell by the dark eyes!

Anon
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:24 pm
oops... she... sorry dlowan!... eeek... I have yet to guess right on any of the names that are questionable!

oh boy...

yeah... never cared for the stuff myself anon... I did try it though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:28 pm
WHAT bloody cigarette?

Why do you people keep hallucinating?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:38 pm
dlowan wrote:

This bible is WEIRD.

Perhaps that explains its appeal to Appalachian America.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:43 pm
LOL dlowan... maybe it's me that's been smoking the funny stuff!

Hey! Who stole my pack of cigarette's and replaced them with the funny stuff??? Dang it all!!
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:48 pm
Hep,
No is no mention of Mary so don't make it up about Mary. It states clearly along Joseph's line.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:51 pm
Have you actually read it for yourself talk? I mean really read it? Can you offer me a reasonable explination then why there would be two separate geneology's listed?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:57 pm
Talk,

http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/genealogy_of_Jesus.htm

Anon
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:58 pm
You are wilfully blind. I gave you the chapter and verse. Go and check it out in the Bible. Your bobble is nothing but crap.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:03 am
Talk I did check it out. I posted my results. You have yet to show me any evidence of that being crap.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:12 am
talk72000 wrote:
You are wilfully blind. I gave you the chapter and verse. Go and check it out in the Bible. Your bobble is nothing but crap.[/quote

http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/genealogy_of_Jesus.htm

[quote]In Luke's account of our Lord's genealogy, (Lk 3:23-38), our Lord's human family line is traced through Nathan to David which does not have the prohibition of rulership on it. It is also traced through the male side of the family line of Mary's father Heli. This is legitimate considering Mary's not having any brothers to carry on her line and her marriage within her tribe to Joseph. This thereby enabled Joseph to legally be proclaimed Mary's father Heli's adoptive son in order to continue her line.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:12 am
timberlandko wrote:
dlowan wrote:

This bible is WEIRD.

Perhaps that explains its appeal to Appalachian America.

Oy. Two outrages with one stone.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:17 am
Rebecca deceived Isaac and had Jacob wears skins to deceive the blind Isaac to rob Esau of his birthright. Jacob who is Israel is the deceiver and father of the nation of Israel. Isra-el. El (symbolized by the bull) was the ancient god of Canaan, land of polytheism. Laban deceived Jacob by placing Leah for Rachel on his wedding day. The bobble practises deception.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:27 am
No talk... people practice deception. It is the nature of fallen man.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:32 am
I repeat this again.

Here is an example of the Bible where you can twist it to your liking. Bible thumpers have selected verses to interprete their prejudices for ages.
I like Christians but I have worries about the Bible Thumpers so below is forthose Thumpers.

Reference: King James Version

Isaiah 14:
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart,
a) I will ascend into heaven,
b) I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
c) I will sit also upon the mount of the Congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 d)I will ascend above the heights of the clouds:
e)I will be like the most High.

COMPARISON:

OLD TESTAMENT
1) Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
(Note: Lucifer is Latin for bright.)

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. (How arrogant, naming himself after such a lustrous heavenly body!)

OLD TESTAMENT
2) Isaiah 14:13 I will ascend into heaven

NEW TESTAMENT
Luke 24:51
And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. Mark 16:19
So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

OLD TESTAMENT
3) Isaiah 14:13
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:

The stars of God are the Israelites. (See Numbers 24:17 "...there shall come a Star out of Jacob,...")

Genesis 15:5
And he brought him forth abroad, and said,
Look now towards heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him,
So shall thy seed be.

Deuteronomy 10:22
Thy fathers went down into Egypt with threescore and ten persons, and now the LORD thy God hath made thee as the stars of heaven for multitude.

NEW TESTAMENT
Matthew 19:28
And Jesus said unto them,
Verily I say unto you,
That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his the glory, ye also shall sit upon thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

OLD TESTAMENT
4) Isaiah 14:13
I will sit also upon the mount of the Congregation, in the sides of the north.
[Note:
a) Mt. Ophel, just south of the Temple Mount, has been identified as Mt. Zion. Jesus as a child sat in the Temple.
b) Location of the Last Supper is just north of (Mt. Zion?)]

Psalm 48:2
Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

NEW TESTAMENT
Luke 2:46
And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

Matthew 26:20
Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.

Luke 22:14
And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.

5) Isaiah 14:14
I will be like the most High.

God says He is the first and the last in the following passages:-

OLD TESTAMENT
Isaiah 41:4
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus says that he is the first and the last in the following passages:-

Revelation 1:11
Saying, I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and untoLaodicea.

Revelation 1:17
And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 22:13
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

God's garments are sprinkled with blood in the following passage:-

OLD TESTAMENT
Isaiah 63:3
I have trodden the wine press alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

Jesus' garment is dipped in blood in the following passage:-

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

OLD TESTAMENT
In Isaiah, new heavens and new earth are mentioned in the following passage:-

Isaiah 66:22
For as the new heavens and new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

NEW TESTAMENT
In Revelation, a new heaven and a new earth are mentioned in the following passage:-

Revelation 21:1
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.

OLD TESTAMENT
God is the bridegroom of His people in the following:-

Isaiah 62:5
For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

NEW TESTAMENT
Jesus is the bridegroom of his followers in the following:-

Matthew 9:15
And Jesus said unto them, Can the chilren of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and shall they fast.

Mark 2:19.
And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
20. But the days will come, while the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Luke 5:34.
And he said unto them, Can ye make the children of the bridegroom fast, while the bridegroom is with them?
35. But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Revelation 19:7.
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Revelation 20:9.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Isaiah 14:19
"But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch,..."
Note: The image of Jesus on the cross confirms it for there is no gravesite of him.

Jesus fits the descriptions of Lucifer almost to a T.
So is Jesus God or Lucifer?
0 Replies