TOWER OF BABEL

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
My imaginary friend can beat up your imaginary friend . . .

So, bobble-thumpers, what's up with that carpenter, Joe, gettin' that teenaged girl, Mary, knocked-up, and then blamin' it on god?

So, Quran-thumpers, what's up with that illiterate lecher Mohammed marryin' a six-year-old, Aisha?

You guys have some serious problems with sexual issues, ya know?

And Lot, in the cave, with his daughters . . . what was up with that? (Any Jews feel free to jump in on this one--i did get a rabbi with that one once, but i wanna see what you say.)

Have at it folks, don't spare the goof-ball exegesis . . .

(EDIT: Kudos to Synonymph for providing the inspiration for this flagrant attempt at virtual incendiarism . . . )
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,706 • Replies: 55
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:53 pm
Now, you know Lot was passed out drunk, or maybe it was stoned.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:15 pm
Right . . . two teenagers repeatedly had impassioned sex on his postrate form, and he was alert enough to get an erection, but not to know it was happening . . . you're gonna try to sell me a bridge next, right?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:27 pm
Wet dreams?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 03:31 pm
In fact, a rabbi at AFUZZ actually scolded me on that one, and said he couldn't believe i'd want Lot's blood line to die out . . . he apparently considered that a completely reasonable way to assure the perpetuation of Lot's "line" . . .
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:37 pm
Hey Set,

What makes you think it was Joseph who knocked up Mary....makes more sense that it someone else, and she wasn't real keen on telling him about it. Back then, I'll bet the old "divine intervention" excuse worked a treat !

Hey, maybe it was her father! Might explain some of the child's crazy behaviour !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:41 pm
Good points all, Eorl . . . you should work that up, we could start a cult . . .
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:54 pm
Oh don't worry, I've often thought of starting a cult just to show how easy it is, then, down the track, revealing the hoax as a lesson to the gullible...but I think maybe L. Ron Hubbard beat me to it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:28 pm
Around here, we have Kokapelli, to fill in for the holy spirit. He didn't just play the flute, ya know.

The trouble with that idea, Eorl, is that just as you are about to reveal the hoax, you have sudden visions of having to work for a living. Need I say more?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:42 pm
Yep, I getcha roger...that, and the realization that fraud is illegal and I'm too pretty for prison....and hey, what about these good works we've started and....blast, I've gone and died without telling everyone about my little joke....<cut to 2000 years later...in Eorlistan...>
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:47 pm
No. Now listen, mah man. That's not fraud. That's religious freedom.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:13 am
Joseph was the son of Jacob according to Matthew 1:16 but Luke in 3:23 says Joseph was the son of Heli.

Case of same-sex marriage as Joseph had TWO fathers?

As Jesus wasn't a son of Joseph, a direct descendant of David, he couldn't possibly be the prophesied messiah.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 12:39 am
roger wrote:
Around here, we have Kokapelli, to fill in for the holy spirit. He didn't just play the flute, ya know.

Let's not be spreading any rumors roger.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 12:47 am
talk72000 wrote:
Joseph was the son of Jacob according to Matthew 1:16 but Luke in 3:23 says Joseph was the son of Heli.

Case of same-sex marriage as Joseph had TWO fathers?

As Jesus wasn't a son of Joseph, a direct descendant of David, he couldn't possibly be the prophesied messiah.

Talk, you really threw me for a loop with this one. I'm doing some research though and have come across some interesting information. Hopefully I can put together a response soon.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 12:22 pm
I don't yet have all the info I've been looking for, but I have a couple things I would like throw out there:

When I went back and looked at the geneology's listed I found something interesting. They were the same until David. In Matthew 1 after David it gives the geneology of his son Solomon. In Luke 3 it gives the geneology of Nathan his son. Which makes it seem as though they are talking about two separate people. How can that be? Unless they are giving the geneology of Mary. Which is not something that was usually done. However after thinking about this it makes some sense to me because they were giving the geneology of Jesus. Because Mary was his mother and Joseph was not his paternal father it seems the geneology that would have to be listed was Mary's in Luke.

Now as far as Joseph having two fathers... I did do some limited research on this as well and found out that Mary was considered a heiress because she had no brothers. So therefore according to the Jewish law her husband was counted among her father's family, as his son. I am still trying to contact a few friends of mine who are Jewish from long ago to verify this information. But it does put an interesting twist on things...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 04:46 pm
Does that mean god was considered one of Mary's father's sons, too?

So...like, Jesus was Mary's son AND her nephew?

Or was she sleeping with her brothers, god and Joseph, cos they were both her father's sons?

This bible is WEIRD.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 05:54 pm
Re: TOWER OF BABEL
Setanta wrote:
And Lot, in the cave, with his daughters . . . what was up with that? (Any Jews feel free to jump in on this one--i did get a rabbi with that one once, but i wanna see what you say.)

What happend with Lot? Did he shtoop his daughters?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 06:47 pm
Sorry, mesquite. We'll keep that little story under wraps.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 07:24 pm
Re: TOWER OF BABEL
Cliff Hanger wrote:
Setanta wrote:

What happend with Lot? Did he shtoop his daughters?

They "took advantage of him" when he was drunk.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 09:25 pm
No, they "took advantage of him" while he was asleep . . . that's one of the things that really makes that one hard to swallow . . . so to speak . . .
0 Replies