Miro print- what's the market value?

Magus

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 07:58 pm
I think it's a print, but it could be hand-done... no pencil marks or series numbering. It's not in any of the Miro catalogues I've been able to access.
Description:
9" by 12", on textured watercolor paper.
Abstract feminine figure in black upon a deep blue background, figure has no facial features other than a big yellow eye with green iris and black pupil. The eye is shedding a single orange tear.
One of the figure's pseudopodia/flippers holds some sort of black stick/baton tipped with a black ball/circle.
Next to the figure is an ovate shape in orange to match the tear, and elsewhere on the blue field are three "stars"made from four intersecting lines.
Matted and framed ( black mat and brushed aluminum frame).

I acquired the piece at an estate sale about ten years ago... what are the odds of it being a reproduction rather than an original?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,424 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 10:20 am
Does it look something like this? Sorry - I have a hard time identifying abstract art. Let me know if it's close and I'll look around.

It could possibly be an original. You'd have to take it to an expert to be sure.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2003 03:00 pm
Thanks for the link... I went through 25 pages at 9 images per...over 225 images.
None of them are the one I have.

But they support titling the piece:
"Femme avec soleil rouge et trois etielles sur bleu.""
0 Replies