Just a quick question for any artists out there...

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 11:47 pm
Hi I just have a question and was wondering if anyone out there was willing to draw something for me.. First a story behind the drawing..

My Brother-In-Law is in the US Airforce. Hes been in for I think just over a year, maybe two. Well recently he was sent over seas Sad

I went to visit him with my father the week before he left. Over 1000miles we drove... NY-Louisiana... Long ride. Well before he left he ended up telling me about some friends of his who have died and It got me thinkin alot. My GF's brother died the year before, he was in the Army, he died in Iraq. Its sad..

Well heres my question. I have been interested in getting a tattoo for many years now. Just wanted something that was gonna mean something to me. I knew I wanted a cross but didnt know what else. So I finally decided after seeing my brother-in-law I wanted a soldiers helmet on it.

Im wondering if anyone would be willing to draw me something, realistic if possible, with a cross, helmet on top like you see in the movies, maybe with vines growing up it. Black and white.
If you dont think vines will look good your choice. Im just wondering. I really cant pay anyone, all my money from work goes towards gas and college.

So any help would be greatly and I mean greatly appreciated..

Thanks for everything
Jon
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 458 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:31 am
Alot of tattoo artist can draw thats why they became tattoo artist. The tattoo artist you pick can either draw it for you or take a cross out of his flash and add a the helmet to it but you will have to pay for the tattoo anyway with the art work I think it's just a little more. Visit a couple of tattoo parlors their use to it. It's their business.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:52 am
Amigo wrote:
Alot of tattoo artist can draw thats why they became tattoo artist. The tattoo artist you pick can either draw it for you or take a cross out of his flash and add a the helmet to it but you will have to pay for the tattoo anyway with the art work I think it's just a little more. Visit a couple of tattoo parlors their use to it. It's their business.

Excellent advice. Find a tattoist with a nice portfolio, something that doesn't include alot of tribal but more handrawn artwork. That'll be your ace in the hole.
0 Replies