1989 honda accord

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
I have an 89 accord that the headlights dont come on. the rest of the lights on the car do when you activate the controller. if the switch was bad why would all the other lights come on except for the headlights. the bulbs are not burned out, the relay in the engine compartment is good as when i removed it the light covers would not come up. anyone have an idea of what is wrong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 674 • Replies: 4
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:05 am
How do you know the bulbs are good?

If they really are OK, then I suspect another single point of failure, like a wire that came off of a contact, or, the relay that you think is for the lights is only for the light covers. Maybe another relay is toast.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
oooh, i had a 1991 honda accord that had similar electrical problems. it turned out to be the main electrical switch in the steering column. they had to replace it. you can probably get the whole unit that goes into the steering column in a junkyard for much cheaper than if you'd get a new part from the mechanic. but, of course, it's just a guess. i'm a woman, ya know. ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:36 am
But what a woman...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
yeah, what cj said. i cooked that car just a few months later. nobody told me i need to add coolant, too, not just oil....Rolling Eyes
0 Replies