Bits from the link by Momma. quote...
"I haven't a clue."
"Willing to listen"
"Gather information"
"Fearful of some to my belief system"
"What I do know is I think "
"come to the correct understanding"
"learn not to hurt anyone by my beliefs"

If this is so, I reckon It's a bloody terrific Idea to live and do what momma says. In fact mumma, It's exactly how I came about thinking the way I do.... no God...No religion... No Bible. I just did what you said momma.
So how come you needed a God-Religion-Bible momma, perhaps that's why you didn't turn out like me.
A bloody silly old fart.

Lightfoot, if you buy her at face value, enjoy!! Laughing Laughing I was only interested in shedding light on what she really was to someone who was interested in what she'd actually said. Carry on, and by all means believe everything she says.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:46 am
I have some nice brochures of . . . uh . . . lakefront property in Arizona, if Lightfoot is interested . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:47 am
No need, Setanta. I am bowing out of the conversation. More important things in life than playing silly games with people that won't let things just rest.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:01 am
I wasn't addressing you, and nothing authorizes you to comment on what i need or needn't do. I believe that you intend to "bow out" about as much as believe anything else you say--which is not at all.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:04 am
Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? You and I both know you were referring to the fact that if Lightfoot would believe me then you had property you'd sell him. I am not stupid and I don't think anyone else reading these posts are either.

And no one needs mine or yours or anyone elses' authority to say whatever they want as long as they don't violate the TOS.

I wish you a good day, Setanta.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:05 am
Thought you were bowing out?

That statement, was, of course, as reliable as anything else you have to say.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:07 am
Bowing out of the conversation with Lightfoot. Don't you ever tire of being so seemingly well, cranky?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:09 am
Whether or not you consider me to be "cranky" is a matter of complete indifference to me. But i am highly entertained by your specious and deceitful remarks, so i suppose good manners dictate that i should thank you . . .

. . . but don't hold yer breath.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:10 am
Yes, I am sure you are. But, hey, I aim to please.

Tell you what, you can believe this. I don't like you anymore than you like me. Happy now?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:11 am
My happiness exists completely without reference to you--always has, and always will.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:14 am
You are such a hoot! Laughing You just can't stand it, can you? You have to have the last word. Laughing

Ok, the floor is yours.......................I won't answer you no matter what you respond to this post. Just this post.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:15 am
Would that it were so . . . complete silence from MOAN?

A consummation devoutly to be desired.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:25 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Set, I just read your sig line. Holy ****, that's funny.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:57 am
Momma Angel wrote:

And no one needs mine or yours or anyone elses' authority to say whatever they want as long as they don't violate the TOS.

You must think this only applies to you, hence your lame complaint on the previous page.

Is anybody keeping score re how many times she says she'll shut up?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 08:50 am
She's too busy playing moderator to shut up. She is likely praying for all of us, especially Setanta with that wonderful signature line. Although I meet hundreds of people a month in the gallery, perched right in the middle of the conservative OC, and I have yet to see a cross hanging around anyone's neck. The truth is, the righties (yes, that's a prick turned to the right) have actually only a passing interest in religion. It's their excuse for their often stodgy and peculiar behavior.

Of course, we also get off on stepping outside the gallery in Fascist Island and counting face lifts.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 08:54 am
J_B wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Set, I just read your sig line. Holy ****, that's funny.

I got it from a website which the Big Bird linked. Look for Timber's post on the next to last page, or the page before that, in the "Evolution? How?" thread. If you can't find it, let me know and i'll go get the link for you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 10:07 am
Got it, thanks Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 11:07 am
Lightwizard wrote:
... It's their excuse for their often stodgy and peculiar behavior.

You know, something I heard really caused me to start thinking about that sentiment. Of course, we know there are some people who are legitimately drawn to the Beatitudes and the message they believe comes from Jesus, but I'm beginning to think there is a huge contingent, who do just as you suggest. Did you hear about the recent revelation concerning Scott Stapp (sp), the former frontman for Creed?

He's touring with Kid Rock, and walks in on the Kid, in mid-orgy, comes in armed with a camcorder, and asks if he can wade in.

Kid was the normal one. I used to think these revelations--like the Bakkers, Swaggart, et al-- were momentary lapses. Now, I wonder if most religionists aren't drawn to religion in the first place to overcompensate for their dirty little proclivities...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 11:10 am
They don't only use it as an excuse, they use it to mobilize large numbers of people who will vote their way on key issues.
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
Lash... unfortunately, one has to take everyone at their "face" value on A/T/Know and mumma is no different to some of my own relations, who are avid religionists and elliptical, one actually speaks in tongues, but unlike others I know... only in church.
I love reading how religionists use and contort the myths they believe.... to "prove" what they say is true and right, then castigate the non religiose, who only look what can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
0 Replies