How were you like at 19?

spidergal

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 02:57 am
Jarhead wrote:
At 19, I was in a faraway jungle hunting little yellow men in bad-fitting black pajamas and they, of course, were hunting me who was clothed in a somewhat better fitting green uniform that didn't afford much camouflage in those wretched lands. I left home at 18 and didn't come back until I was 22, a different fellow than the one that had left 4 years earlier. I graduated from a major west coast university and am now blatantly opposed to sending our young men and women off to fight ill-advised, unwinable, poorly planned and prosecuted wars waged by armchair politicos who have never been in a war.

Wow........jungle hunting......that would have been so exciting.......i always fancy myself as some sort of hunter....adventurer.

By the way, Jarhead, Welcome to A2K
0 Replies

Jarhead

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 02:59 am
One might try a coma or suspended animation for a year and have friend wake you up on your 20th birthday.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 03:03 am
Jarhead wrote:
One might try a coma or suspended animation for a year and have friend wake you up on your 20th birthday.

Ha,what?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
spidergal wrote:
Jarhead wrote:
At 19, I was in a faraway jungle hunting little yellow men in bad-fitting black pajamas and they, of course, were hunting me who was clothed in a somewhat better fitting green uniform that didn't afford much camouflage in those wretched lands. I left home at 18 and didn't come back until I was 22, a different fellow than the one that had left 4 years earlier. I graduated from a major west coast university and am now blatantly opposed to sending our young men and women off to fight ill-advised, unwinable, poorly planned and prosecuted wars waged by armchair politicos who have never been in a war.

Wow........jungle hunting......that would have been so exciting.......i always fancy myself as some sort of hunter....adventurer.

By the way, Jarhead, Welcome to A2K

i don't think exciting is the right word, spidergal.
i believe Jarhead is describing his tour in vietnam...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 08:58 am
Me when I was 18...

Me when I was 20...

So, something in between.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:16 am
George wrote:
CL, I know people who haven't learned all that in FORTY years.

Echo that, you're-no-crazy-lady!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 10:56 pm
I got something new for LionTamerX here.... Who's that in the middle?
That's right, it's Soapey! And me on the left (19 exactly) and my sis on the right. Oh, the good times.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQAAAFQUadubBiEaUfPpJuNUxJKEevvcvZktvAt0X*Gtstp5Zrf07ptBO2SmqrYNdK9HP410*Qk2ekXN5j**NoaHe1NFXXYx3rW5Z5CdPj83827scC2tAg/IMG_0556.JPG
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 11:09 pm
Soapy !!! Good to see his mug again. Brings back so many memories....

BTW (Jack says hi, and if his drunk ass couldn't handle your sis, there was no way he could handle you...)

Drunken revisionist history is my guess...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 11:20 pm
Ahhhhh. Jack Whitebread, is he still alive? Ya know, back in the day, he was quite handsome!

my camera died. otherwise i'd snap a photo of jack and i. i guess i could scan it, too, but that's too much work....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 01:49 pm
At 19 I was a married musician and local radio dj hero, a major anti war activist and a part time dope dealer. I was idealistic about the ability of the young to change the world for the better and wanted no more than to rock and be left alone to run my own program. Except for the dope dealing and the fact that I no longer have faith that things can be changd for the better, I'm pretty much the same Bear today except I'm no longer screwing everything that moves since I married squinney. That probably explains why she holds still a lot of the time Laughing
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 04:13 pm
I smoked a lot of weed, read a lot of horrible beat literature, and hated the private Catholic university I attended.

Yes, I was a young man intent on changing the world, as you can see.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 10:55:34