How were you like at 19?

George

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 12:35 pm
cjhsa wrote:
George married young too.

Funny you should say that. Much later in life -- after I actually did marry --
I was fond of saying that I never really understood poverty, chastity, and
obedience until I got married and had kids.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:30 pm
19 was pretty good for me, i was living in toronto, i had a pretty decent job, i did all the things young people do when they live in a big city and have few responsibilities
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:40 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I was a coke addict.

I was an alcoholic.

funny how for both of us, that just says it all.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:43 pm
I was skinny, shy around girls, had no confidence, and hated speaking in front of groups.

Oh how things change.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 06:44 pm
Punk rock alcoholic stoner runaway.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
19 was the year I moved out of my parents house, took a job in the World Trade Center for $6.26 an hour, and thought I was was on the inside track for a career on Wall St. By night, I played with my band seven nights a week, took lotsa drugs and drank like a fish.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:05 pm
The year I realized I was totally dissatisfied with my life, but two before I did anything about it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:12 pm
I was married at 19. Don't remember much after that.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:19 pm
Nineteen, huh. My first daughter was born three months and 1 day after my birthday. I found IBM, and they found me. Offered to put me through a big training program and give me a grant, but I couldn't afford to take them up on it, and went to work for the railroad instead. Ended up working with IBM anyway and went back to college. It was a really good year both personally and professionally. I waited until I was 30 to change into a wild f*ckup.

Anon
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:28 pm
19 was a drunken blurr. Twas living down in Austin, TX at the time and life was good.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:37 pm
I was in my second year of college. Loved my classes, dated some, drank lots. It was a good year, a peak year in some ways.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:44 pm
Loving this thread.

I forgot to add that I got together with my boyfriend (who stayed for the next 8 years) and he made a tape just for me on a fourtrack (about 8 - 10 songs, he played guitar, drums, sang, did the lyrics, the whole shabang. still is the coolest thing anyone ever did for me.

sigh. memmorieeeeees....
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
My god 19....hmmm I only dated popular guys, flatted with my friends, worked for a radio station, partied all the time, wrote off my car, was a 'clothes horse' and thought that the sun only shone out through my own a*s!!! and could'nt understand why 'fat' people were'nt skinny like me.

Yep that about sums it all up...aaah those were the days Laughing
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:57 pm
Dag, I meant to ask you, when were you in Chapel Hill? I worked on campus from Aug 96 to May 98.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:59 pm
Hmmmm.... 19..... 19 and midway through my junior year in college (as of today's date).

I had just declared my major as Anthropology which meant I had to design my own major (incorporating geography and sociology and taking every one of the maybe 6 anthro courses). The relationship I'd been in for 6 or so years was about to end. I was applying to go on an archeological dig in southern Utah - that time in UT had a profound effect on me.

I was becoming more self-assured, more confident and outspoken. I was having a bit of a hippy relapse - I didn't shave my legs or pits for a couple years starting when I was 19.

I smoked, I ate junkfood, I lived in the dorms, still. Smartfood was new and I had just learned about stonyfield yogurt. Ben and Jerry's featured heavily in my diet.

I watched headbanger's ball periodically and almost never read any news (unless I had to for school).

But, I was also getting involved with protesting the build-up to the first Iraq war (did that start in early 1990?).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:12 pm
littlek wrote:
I didn't shave my legs or pits for a couple years starting when I was 19.

How many guys sprinted out of the room once seeing you naked?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:13 pm
6 or so years at 19?

You met at 13?

Wow.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:16 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
littlek wrote:
I didn't shave my legs or pits for a couple years starting when I was 19.

How many guys sprinted out of the room once seeing you naked?

I think she must have lived in the same building as me. I kept getting flattened by these wild eyed guys heading down the stairs while I was going up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
Slappy, my hairy legs were no surprise. I'd just had a not great long-term relationship break up, I wasn't in the mood to date. <getting cj's shaving comment now>

Soz, we met at 14 and didn't finally break up until I was 20 - I guess I know we were a couple for 6 years, but it was just barely 6 years. And, the last year or so we didn't see much of each other.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
Well, I guess if a woman isn't in the mood to date, one surefire measure she could take would be to not shave.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 12:28:44