You don't have to explain yourself, k.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:53 pm
Now I feel bad. How about 2 bucks?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:59 pm
Too late. I satisfied myself with the pencil sharpener.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:29 pm
heehee
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 10:30 pm
I thought I could do anything at 19.

Even marry an emotional cripple and make it work. <shaking head>

By 21, I was a wreck.

By 24, I had my head on straight again and divorced the bum.

Live and learn. There's no substitute for it.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 01:31 am
and who all are actually 19 right now?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 02:15 am
Me! (in my mind).
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 02:20 am
Francis wrote:
Me! (in my mind).

As they say, age is just a number it's all in the mind. Smile
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 02:32 am
I was in the 2nd year in college (in a 4 year course) - was studying like hell, but partying like mad as well - and was having a roaring affair with a boy and a girl at the same time.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 04:05 am
oooh, SuperG, you live a wild life.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 04:09 am
mac11 wrote:
Dag, I meant to ask you, when were you in Chapel Hill? I worked on campus from Aug 96 to May 98.

1994-95. I came back in 1998 for about a month or so - visiting that boy who made a four track tape for me. He lived in Providence.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
Eep, I answered this here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1812062#1812062

Anyway, hmm, 19, what a wacky year. Not quite here and not quite there. Might be able to find a photo from then, somewhere around here.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 06:57 am
You were really on the move, jes.

I am planning something really cool-setting up Calligraphy school.

Well, I hope to have a thead on that in due course.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:48 am
the prince wrote:
I was in the 2nd year in college (in a 4 year course) - was studying like hell, but partying like mad as well - and was having a roaring affair with a boy and a girl at the same time.....

Dag is right...you HAVE led a wild life!

Threesomes at the age of 19...wow.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:00 am
Chai Tea wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
I was a coke addict.

I was an alcoholic.

funny how for both of us, that just says it all.

yuppers.

Besides the friend nostrils, my catch phrase of the time was " Im mature for my age"

HA!
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:13 am
I was sullen and withdrawn and depressed and on the verge of full blown alcoholism (started imbibing at 13) and insanity. From about 16 to 30-ish I was more than a little unstable (some say I still am). I made it through college, became a blacksmith, quit that, went into various low level clerical jobs, and eventually arrived (drunk) at the doorway of educating young folk. Over the next several years, I was suspended from that position...I drank in the classroom...a major violation...show up drunk, just don't drink in front of the students...after a time out (8 months) I returned to educating.

Anyway at 19 I came out of the closet and figured out I was gay....and that's really all I remember of being 19.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:32 am
19.... That was only 2 years ago.... You'd think it would be easy to remember....

I was just coming down off my pill head phase.... 2 years of abusing any kind of pill I could take, especially adderall.... I was trying to get my life together and stop screwing up.....

I was with my ex... When I turned 19 I was living at my exes house with his mother, grandmother, mothers bf, and his sister... I was living in a room this size of a closet....

I was miserable.... His mother drank alot and so did her bf.... his mother, sister and my ex loved smoking weed... and his mothers bf loved coke....
So everyone was always on something.... and if they were, they all seemed to be at each others throats...

His grandmother wasn't the nicest person in the world, always angry and causing fights.... always threats thrown towards everyone... my ex was miserable there also... but we still stayed while looking for a place of our own.... We both worked full time and I had just finished up some classes....

I had become completely "straight edge" about 4-6 months after I turned 19.... which pissed off some friends and brought back other friends I had lost.... I gained back some of the weight I had lost (I was skin and bones for a bit).... I have been "straight edge" ever since, except for the ocassional drink here or there.... or my cigarettes....

Him and I fought alot, which also made me more miserable... then in Oct. of that year we moved out and got our own place.... Everything thing went well at first... awesome... then more fighting...

But even though a part of me was miserable at 19, a part of me was happy.... because I knew I was growing and learning... and that year taught me soo much...

I wouldn't have changed a thing
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:39 am
Man, I am flatout amazed at the stuff some of you folks went through at that age!
Congrats at having endured.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
Sturgis wrote:
I was sullen and withdrawn and depressed and on the verge of full blown alcoholism (started imbibing at 13) and insanity. From about 16 to 30-ish I was more than a little unstable (some say I still am). I made it through college, became a blacksmith, quit that, went into various low level clerical jobs, and eventually arrived (drunk) at the doorway of educating young folk. Over the next several years, I was suspended from that position...I drank in the classroom...a major violation...show up drunk, just don't drink in front of the students...after a time out (8 months) I returned to educating.

Anyway at 19 I came out of the closet and figured out I was gay....and that's really all I remember of being 19.

Recently I read that homosexuality is a natural condition as opposed to the view that says -some people just choose to be like that.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:48 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
19.... That was only 2 years ago.... You'd think it would be easy to remember....

I was just coming down off my pill head phase.... 2 years of abusing any kind of pill I could take, especially adderall.... I was trying to get my life together and stop screwing up.....

I was with my ex... When I turned 19 I was living at my exes house with his mother, grandmother, mothers bf, and his sister... I was living in a room this size of a closet....

I was miserable.... His mother drank alot and so did her bf.... his mother, sister and my ex loved smoking weed... and his mothers bf loved coke....
So everyone was always on something.... and if they were, they all seemed to be at each others throats...

His grandmother wasn't the nicest person in the world, always angry and causing fights.... always threats thrown towards everyone... my ex was miserable there also... but we still stayed while looking for a place of our own.... We both worked full time and I had just finished up some classes....

I had become completely "straight edge" about 4-6 months after I turned 19.... which pissed off some friends and brought back other friends I had lost.... I gained back some of the weight I had lost (I was skin and bones for a bit).... I have been "straight edge" ever since, except for the ocassional drink here or there.... or my cigarettes....

Him and I fought alot, which also made me more miserable... then in Oct. of that year we moved out and got our own place.... Everything thing went well at first... awesome... then more fighting...

But even though a part of me was miserable at 19, a part of me was happy.... because I knew I was growing and learning... and that year taught me soo much...

I wouldn't have changed a thing
Difficult life.....eh, When I compare that to my present life.......I feel like being in heaven.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:33:43