How were you like at 19?

JPB

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:34 pm
Very nice post, Issy. You certainly have had an amazing few years.

In May of the year I was 19, I graduated from college (AS), got married, moved to a new town and started a new job - all within 12 days. According to the stress test lists I should have been comatose. hmmmmm, maybe I was.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
JB i may want to marry you, I have to ask the lady diane if thats ok.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 05:29 am
dyslexia wrote:

You're into comatose gals, eh? I would never have guessed. Wink
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
littlek wrote:
Wow, Crazie! You're amazing!

I wouldn't go that far lol Smile
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
sozobe wrote:
That's a really nice list.

Thank you
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:21 am
spidergal wrote:
I believe the age of 19 is a crossover.......your teenage ends.......and you are expected to be responsible etc.

Heh. that's how I see 29....possibly 39. Pleeeeenty of time to mature and be responsible Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
At 19 I was married with my first daughter. I was a hippie musician and radio disc jockeywith the first "free form progressive" format radio show in the state in of all places Lynchburg Va and a sort of local celebrity because of it. Loved by my listeners, hated by the community and parents in general. Today I am a mobile disc jockey and a musician, but no longer a hippie in the real sense of the word.

At 19 I was full of hope, high ideals, and a belief that I could make a difference in the world. All that has changed.

At 19 I didn't give a rats ass about what anyone thought about me or their approval. That much has remained the same.

At 19, because I never had parents I wanted to be a good Dad, and five children later I'm still trying. I hope to get it right eventually.

At 19 I had A LOT of hair. I still do, but some of it has migrated from the crown of my head to my back and my ass.

At 19 I had an explosive temper and would scrap in a heartbeat if necessary, something that was in polar opposition to my small size and desire to follow the hippie philosophy. Today I have brought my temper under control and although I will turn confrontational in an instant, am too old to be getting into physical altercations.

At 19 I believed sex to be the most wonderful thing available aside from love and outside of a temporary detour with cocaine I still do.

At 19 I thought a new band named Yes that hardly anyone had heard of yet was the greatest band ever. I still do.

At 19 I was driven by a hatred of my parents for deserting me. I've gotten over that.

At 19 I wanted to live forever. I still do. Even with it's ups and downs and even though it's a crapshoot at best, life is still interesting and better than being dead.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:48 am
you married your first daughter Shocked?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
dagmaraka wrote:
you married your first daughter Shocked?

well, it WAS Lynchburg Va. Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 09:12 am
hmmmm. that's what i love about this site. i learn so many valuable things every day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 09:14 am
dagmaraka wrote:
hmmmm. that's what i love about this site. i learn so many valuable things every day.

At 19, my mission was to educate as well as entertain. Little has changed. :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:26 am
dagmaraka wrote:

Yea, and each day gets more appalling Shocked

Anon
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:31 am
Something appealing
Something appalling
Something for everyone
A2K 2 nite!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:10 am
dyslexia wrote:

awwhhh, shucks. I just saw this. You're sweet, dys <smooch>. That would depend on how often you send your wives to the corner though. I get pretty uppity when someone tells me what to do.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:13 am
Hey, J_B, would you grab me a cup of coffee?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:14 am
Certainly, but only because you asked so nicely <smooch to you too>
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:38 am
hey, looks like some posts have been deleted. few hours back there were 127 now only 116?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:05 am
yes the good taste police have edited me and slappy. we probably deserve it.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:53 pm
I thought this looked different.

Anon
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:33:49