Tell your health club nightmare/success story

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:52 pm
1)Yesterday, some guy got into the pool in his underwear.

2)My wife told me there was a woman in the locker room who put Nair (sp?)(hair remover) on practically every inch of her body (even her neck) and was sitting there casually chatting until it was time for her to pop into the shower.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,055 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:57 pm
Well, I don't know if this qualifies or not. But I have always worn wear high heels because I am so short.

I went to a gym and went through a whole aerobic exercise class. Well, the next day I could not walk! I could not walk for a week! I went to the doctor and he told me I had severely pulled my achilles tendon. Go figure. Embarrassed
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:07 pm
Oh criminy....don't get me started....

I have little problems with the members, it's the people that work there.

They are one level below pond scum.

I'm a bit tired right now....This demands all my sarcastic talent. maybe tomorrow.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:56 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, I don't know if this qualifies or not. But I have always worn wear high heels because I am so short

You've got to be careful with that. If you wear high heels for too long, your achilles will shrink up and begin limiting your movement, as is evident with your injury.

I actually knew a person who was unable to walk normally because she had worn high heels for so long.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 09:58 pm
This is kind of sad, but true.

I saw someone die in the gym. My friend and I just walked in, and when walking over to the free weights saw a guy laid out on the floor, and a couple other guys ran over to help him. They were attempting CPR. Then the paramedics showed up and hit him with those electric pads to the chest. Nothing.

Next day my friend asked the front desk if he made it, and he didn't. Don't know exactly what happened.

I think I broke my toe in the gym, dropped a 45lb plate on it. Never got it checked out, but I wasn't right for a while.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:13 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Well, I don't know if this qualifies or not. But I have always worn wear high heels because I am so short.

I went to a gym and went through a whole aerobic exercise class. Well, the next day I could not walk! I could not walk for a week! I went to the doctor and he told me I had severely pulled my achilles tendon. Go figure. Embarrassed

Defintely a nightmare--especially because it takes a long time for the Achilles to heal.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
my ex-es sister used to go to her gym every day after work for a 30 minute run on the machine in the winter. It allowed her to think, muse, relax. In fact it was so relaxing - the repetitive movement and sound, when you switch into automatic mode and you've no idea how come your legs keep running when you're apparently not sending any brain signals to them anymore...it's just kinda magic. So she's in this mode and she closes her eyes for a bit. Bad decision. Instantly she lost balance, and off she flew, taking another guy down with her on her way. He was quite badly bruised - she landed softly on top of him. Needless to say she didn't show there for awhile after that.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
Chai Tea wrote:
Oh criminy....don't get me started....

I have little problems with the members, it's the people that work there.

They are one level below pond scum.

I'm a bit tired right now....This demands all my sarcastic talent. maybe tomorrow.

Funny, I know exactly what you mean-- it seems the hiring requirements include an IQ ceiling. I think it has something to do with the culture of fitness-- all surface stuff. You aren't going to get the brightest-- I look at the Aerobics teacher, who is quite fit, in her 40s etc., but what I see is her former glory days were High School chearleading.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:29 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
This is kind of sad, but true.

I saw someone die in the gym.

Oh my. Nightmare. Sad nightmare.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:30 am
dagmaraka wrote:
...she closes her eyes for a bit. Bad decision. Instantly she lost balance, and off she flew, taking another guy down with her on her way. He was quite badly bruised - she landed softly on top of him. Needless to say she didn't show there for awhile after that.

Nightmare. But a funny nightmare.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 09:40 am
Momma- High heels to the gym???? That is a recipe for disaster. Some time ago, I was into high impact aerobics. I had to buy the most supportive athletic shoes possible. After about four months, I could not wear them for aerobics any more, as they would start to "mush". I found that high tops, especially ones with the velcro strap across the top of the shoe, was the safest thing for aerobics.

My MD is a marathon runner. He suggested that I wear New Balance. I have had a few pair, and they are great.................comfortable, and very supportive.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 12:29 pm
I once saw a body builder mix and drink the entire contents of a cottage cheese and tuna smoothie.

It wasn't so much a nightmare as a day of dry heaving.
0 Replies

Cliff Hanger

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 01:06 pm
Individual wrote:
I once saw a body builder mix and drink the entire contents of a cottage cheese and tuna smoothie.

It wasn't so much a nightmare as a day of dry heaving.

You are pulling my Lamb's leg? Cottage cheese and tuna smoothie? How vile. That's a nightmare for the observer, obviously not for the ingestor.
0 Replies