0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:32 pm
You use measuring cups?

Amateurs.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:39 pm
What? no hot or mild italian pork sausage, squeezed out of the casing(s)? Sheesh...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:49 pm
nonono

I'm trying to gradually make a complete move to turkey sausage <there is some sweet Italian turkey sausage in the freezer>

ok

I'm about to test The Cassarole.

I'll miss you all.

:wink:
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 06:50 pm
We await a report with bated breath...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:01 pm
ehBeth wrote:
ok

I'm about to test The Cassarole.

I'll miss you all.

:wink:

I have the paramedics on standby....

I'm here for you girl.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
ossobuco wrote:
What? no hot or mild italian pork sausage, squeezed out of the casing(s)? Sheesh...

Now that's what i did with a pasta and red sauce casserole i made a couple of months ago--i find that the best meat balls are made by taking italian pork sausage out of the casing . . .

The stuff is edible, and LE's advice about spicin' the Bejeebus out of it worked--that sausage tasted like turkey, but now its edible . . .
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:10 pm
I must have yer recipe, next time we have a plague, Im gonna paint this on my doorpost
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:10 pm
I speak as one who has gone the turkey sausage route and am back again to pork, just using less. I make turkey meatloaf every once in a while, and it's ok, but I'd almost rather skip it..
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:12 pm
You're goin' overboard there, Hey-Zeus, it ain't nearly that bad . . . Beth should be home in a coupla days, and they told me she'd be on her feet again by next week . . . great dinner ! ! !
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:13 pm
turkey sausages suck. In order to get some fat in there, they take the layers of schmalz from chickedn and mix it in. Your just trading one trans fat for another and the taste you lose just isnt worth it.
I love Leidy's apple and maple syrup sausage, made with real pork and side meat.
Or Kunzlers hot Italian sausage with garlic .
Done let me tell you about their kielbasi.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:18 pm
In southern Illinois, they gotta buncha Dutchmen livin' across the river from St. Louis, and they have this sausage festival--homemade brawurst, summer sausage, blutwurst, weisswurst . . . it is to die for . . .
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:23 pm
hmmm, i have to eat as many as i can while i'm still here. fantastic stuff, right on every street corner.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:27 pm
Damn you Dag ! ! !

Eat about a half dozen fer me, will ya?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:36 pm
Well, that was quite pleasant.

Smoked turkey sausage in a layered tater casserole. Large mesclun salad as a starter.

Next on Setanta's New Recipe Challenge - scalloped potatoes with pork tenderloin, cranberry with peach chutney ...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:37 pm
SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:39 pm
What's the deal with turkey sausages?

I get most of my meat from Trader Joe's -- they tend to have organic stuff. I bought chicken sausages for a while but they were too darn chickeny. Made some pasta sauce with pork sausage (just a solid pound of it, like ground beef) tonight, yummy.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:42 pm
Setanta wrote:
In southern Illinois, they gotta buncha Dutchmen livin' across the river from St. Louis, and they have this sausage festival--homemade brawurst, summer sausage, blutwurst, weisswurst . . . it is to die for . . .

Collinsville. *nods* I've flown out there for that festival.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
what's the deal with turkey sausages?
no trans-fat and minimal saturated fat
reduced calorie

on the downside - still a lot of sodium in the smoked ones - but they're the ones with flavour - just means you have to remember not to use salt elsewhere in the same meal/recipe
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
I've heard that a cup of ambergris adds wonderful taste and aroma to a casserole.
0 Replies