Muffin Recipes

Mon 23 Jan, 2006 03:50 am
I loooooove muffins. Absolutely no good for me, but when I occasionally bake some, I love trying different recipes...

Here's one of my favourites, which isn't that bad for you:

Sweet potato muffins with raisins

Ingredients
(to make 12)

1 large sweet potato
1oz plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
1 egg, beaten
8oz butter, melted
250ml mil
2oz raisins
2oz caster sugar
pinch of salt
12 paper muffin cases
icing sugar for dusting

Cook the sweet potato in plenty of boiling water for 45 minutes until tender. Drain the potato and when cool enough, peel off the skin. Place in a large bowl and mash well.

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius. Sift the flour and baking powder over the potatoes with a pinch of salt and beat in the egg.

Stir the butter and milk together and pour into the bowl. Add the raisins and sugar and mix in the ingredients. Spoon the mixture into muffin case and set in a muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes until golden, dust with icing sugar and serve warm!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,411 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Mon 23 Jan, 2006 05:35 am
I'm sorry to say that I am not allowed to bake my own muffins. Something terrible happens every time I try...they seem to suddenly disappear and the only clues are the crumbs leading from the muffin pan to my beard.

Often times there have been promises made by me that a plate full of muffins will be brought to a particular event and then there I am, standing with a plate empty as can be and no explanation at all for what happened.

Strange little mystery it is.
0 Replies