What God Truly Is?

Questioner

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:10 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Why is it inane, dys? Your graphic does not make me see the color red. I am color blind. I cannot see the color red. You cannot see God. I have experienced God. If you are not color blind, you have experienced the color red. :wink:

It's inane because while you may be colorblind, everyone else in the world that isn't knows what color is, having seen it. If you lined up a swatch of orange, of red, and of green in front of a group of 300 non-color blind people and asked them to point to red, they would point unerringly towards the proper swatch.

You can't put 10 christians from the same congregation in the same room and have them agree on what god is.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
Brandon,

So, are you like psychic or something? Or did you just stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? Laughing You keep pronouncing judgments about those professing faith. Why is that?

Again, just because someone disagrees with you that does not automatically make them wrong and you right, does it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:12 pm
Ok ma, from the top one more time. RED exists and is measurable regardless of your seeing it, I think you are confused about the difference between someone's PERCEPTION of red and the physical existence of red. These are different things. RED is measurable by spectral analysis. your god is not measurable by anything other than your perception. There is NO metaphor connecting your red blindness to your belief in your god.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:14 pm
Questioner Wrote:

Quote:
It's inane because while you may be colorblind, everyone else in the world that isn't knows what color is, having seen it. If you lined up a swatch of orange, of red, and of green in front of a group of 300 non-color blind people and asked them to point to red, they would point unerringly towards the proper swatch.

You can't put 10 christians from the same congregation in the same room and have them agree on what god is.

And this has what to do with explaining the color red?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:14 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ok ma, from the top one more time. RED exists and is measurable regardless of your seeing it, I think you are confused about the difference between someone's PERCEPTION of red and the physical existence of red. These are different things. RED is measurable by spectral analysis. your god is not measurable by anything other than your perception. There is NO metaphor connecting your red blindness to your belief in your god.

But could red exist if there were no instruments with which to measure it? God doesn't need any fancy machinery.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner Wrote:

Quote:

And this has what to do with explaining the color red?

Apparently nothing. Continue holding to your ridiculous metaphor if you wish.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:16 pm
dyslexia Wrote:

Quote:

What does this have to do with you explaining the color red? You have to use your perception of the color red to describe it, don't you?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:16 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Brandon,

So, are you like psychic or something? Or did you just stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? Laughing You keep pronouncing judgments about those professing faith. Why is that?

Why would I have to be psychic to challenge someone's logic with a rational argument. If you have the tiniest rational argument to suggest that your imaginary companion is real, I would like to hear it.

Momma Angel wrote:
Again, just because someone disagrees with you that does not automatically make them wrong and you right, does it?[/b][/color]

No, it absolutely does not, but if someone's disagreement is based on very poor reasoning, it does make them wrong. Pathetically, your sole defense against a successful challenge to your logic is to say, "just because I disagree with you doesn't make me wrong," ignoring the fact that some people in debates actually are right, and some actually are wrong, depending on exactly what they are saying.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:21 pm
Brandon,

I am not disagreeing with you that there is right and wrong. What I am telling you is that you assume and project that I am wrong because I do not agree with you or with what you consider standards of evidence.

So, can you explain the color red to me? Or can you explain sight to a blind person that has never seen? Can you explain sound to a deaf person that has never heard? I submit you can't. Now, I have experienced God. I know God exists. I cannot explain it to you. I cannot make you feel or understand God. It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that I see, is you and others are relying on man's definition of evidence, definitions, etc.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:22 pm
Questioner Wrote:

Quote:

Ok, try this then. Explain sight to a person born blind. Explain sound to a person born deaf.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:24 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
You people usually fall back on the old crutch that even if you showed us the evidence, we wouldn't accept it. That is merely a cover-up for the fact that you have zero evidence. You believe your childish belief because you need to, and the rest is rationalization.

See my response on page 4 of this topic (second one down). As for childish belief, well that is what it is all about. Believing in God requires a sense of innocence and the ability to believe as only a child or one who has been touched by God's hand can. I myself would rather have childish beliefs...which in reality are far more advanced than you seem capable of understanding and nowhere near childish...than to have the constant fear and doubt which plagues you and forces you to essentially condem anyone who does believe in God. If you are so sure that God does not exist then why are you panicked when I say God does exist? Could it be, that deep down you know the truth?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:26 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Brandon,

I am not disagreeing with you that there is right and wrong. What I am telling you is that you assume and project that I am wrong because I do not agree with you or with what you consider standards of evidence.

So, can you explain the color red to me? Or can you explain sight to a blind person that has never seen? Can you explain sound to a deaf person that has never heard? I submit you can't. Now, I have experienced God. I know God exists. I cannot explain it to you. I cannot make you feel or understand God. It's basically the same thing. The only difference is that I see, is you and others are relying on man's definition of evidence, definitions, etc.

No, you just need a crutch. It's absurd to believe in a particular origin and structure for the universe without a teaspoon full of evidence to suggest that it's true. You're just fantasizing out of psychological need. Anyone can make the pathetic statement: "I know I'm right, but I have no evidence at all, not even evidence I could describe that you'd have to take my word happened."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:28 pm
Sturgis wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
You people usually fall back on the old crutch that even if you showed us the evidence, we wouldn't accept it. That is merely a cover-up for the fact that you have zero evidence. You believe your childish belief because you need to, and the rest is rationalization.

See my response on page 4 of this topic (second one down). As for childish belief, well that is what it is all about. Believing in God requires a sense of innocence and the ability to believe as only a child or one who has been touched by God's hand can. I myself would rather have childish beliefs...which in reality are far more advanced than you seem capable of understanding and nowhere near childish...than to have the constant fear and doubt which plagues you and forces you to essentially condem anyone who does believe in God. If you are so sure that God does not exist then why are you panicked when I say God does exist? Could it be, that deep down you know the truth?

Give me the tiniest shred of evidence that there is a God. Give me a plausibility argument. I submit that you believe in a fantasy because you want to with zero indication that it's true.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner Wrote:

Quote:

Ok, try this then. Explain sight to a person born blind. Explain sound to a person born deaf.

What in the world does this have to do with giving observations about the universe that suggest the hand of an omnipotent creator? What is there about the universe that looks like an intelligent, omnipotent being was involved? The argument you use above could equally well be used to prove that the world was made by blue rodents on a dare.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Brandon,

You are not listening to me at all, are you? You cannot know what I need. You cannot know if I am fantasizing out of psychological need. You DO NOT know this. You are basing this on the fact that you believe you are correct and I am wrong. You are passing judgment on me.
0 Replies

Sturgis

See the tree how big it's grown but friends it hasn't been too long it was a twig...

in other words something made all these things happen and that something was God.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Brandon,

You are not listening to me at all, are you? You cannot know what I need. You cannot know if I am fantasizing out of psychological need. You DO NOT know this. You are basing this on the fact that you believe you are correct and I am wrong. You are passing judgment on me.

I'm certainly passing judgement on what you say. I am evaluating your stated arguments in support of your belief, as I have a perfect right to do. I find them to be invalid. Your sole argument in support of the existence of God is, "I know it, but I can't explain it." That is not a valid argument. Since you cannot provide the tiniest shred of evidence to support your belief, then what is left other than self-deception based on need?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:34 pm
Sturgis wrote:
See the tree how big it's grown but friends it hasn't been too long it was a twig...

in other words something made all these things happen and that something was God.

What is your reason for believing that it wasn't simply natural processes like evolution? What suggests that it was God and not a more mundane explanation?
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:37 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Sturgis wrote:

What is your reason for believing that it wasn't simply natural processes like evolution? What suggests that it was God and not a more mundane explanation?

I just know.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 01:59 pm
Brandon Wrote:

Quote:
I'm certainly passing judgement on what you say. I am evaluating your stated arguments in support of your belief, as I have a perfect right to do. I find them to be invalid. Your sole argument in support of the existence of God is, "I know it, but I can't explain it." That is not a valid argument. Since you cannot provide the tiniest shred of evidence to support your belief, then what is left other than self-deception based on need?

Brandon, you know the color red. Can you explain it to a color blind person? Can you explain to a deaf person that has never heard what sound is? Can you explain to a blind man that has never seen what sight is? You KNOW these things but you cannot make anyone experience them, can you?

Sturgis knows God. I know God. Sturgis cannot explain God to you. I cannot explain God to you. It does not mean He does not exist anymore than the color red, sight, or sound. There will always be some that cannot see color, some that cannot hear, some that cannot see. It changes nothing.
0 Replies