Does anyone on this board actually oppose gay marriage?

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:32 pm
he's been called all of those! She was cute too. Then there was the other angst. He was secretely in love with a couple of his male friends.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:35 pm
Yep. Seen this quite a few times, k. It must be utterly fantastic to finally grow up, become an adult, accept yourself & finally RELAX & enjoy your life! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:37 pm
Well, he's grown and accepted, even relaxed, but not so sure he's enjoying life exactly.
0 Replies

aktorist

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:38 pm
There is something wrong if your belief has practically affected anyone negatively. If you keep it to yourself and don't let it take part in any of your decisions, then that would be okay.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:40 pm
littlek wrote:
Well, he's grown and accepted, even relaxed, but not so sure he's enjoying life exactly.

He probably thinks too much! I can relate to that! :wink:
But as for accepting himself: great!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:41 pm
I think thinking too much is a family curse.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:43 pm
aktorist wrote:
There is something wrong if your belief has practically affected anyone negatively. If you keep it to yourself and don't let it take part in any of your decisions, then that would be okay.

I guess so. Though I'm not really sure about how you can remove your beliefs from your own decisions ...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:48 pm
msolga wrote:
Though I'm not really sure about how you can remove your beliefs from your own decisions ...
The crux of the biscuit, it rarely can be done and ever more so rarely in a trustworthy way.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:50 pm
In my opinion, beliefs become a problem when they negatively affect other people who are just going about their business. When one's belief leads one to vote against civil rights - I believe that's very very immoral.

Deciding that you believe one thing or another, hate one group or another, etc, is you're own issue. But, when these beliefs infringe on other people's lives, that's more than just your issue.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:51 pm
aktorist Wrote:

Quote:

Uh, care to share with me where I might find that in the Constitution of the United States?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:54 pm
littlek wrote:
In my opinion, beliefs become a problem when they negatively affect other people who are just going about their business. When one's belief leads one to vote against civil rights - I believe that's very very immoral.

Deciding that you believe one thing or another, hate one group or another, etc, is you're own issue. But, when these beliefs infringe on other people's lives, that's more than just your issue.

I'll go along with that. Well put, k!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 08:55 pm
Thanks, MsOlga!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:03 pm
You're not a guru in training for nothing, k!:wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
took me a second to figure you out, MsOlga!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:18 pm
For any other confused soul who might be wondering: 27360 posts makes littlek an A2K Guru in Training .... I, on the other hand, an a mere Veteran. <sniff>

OK, enough digressing. Sorry!

Please continue .....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
<no worries, grasshopper, you too shall attain guruship>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:25 pm
Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:26 pm
Ohno! What?
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 09:44 pm
aktorist wrote:
Quote:
Wow, what a truly descriminative statement.

Discrimination is quoted as unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice. Fascism on the other hand is simply a system of government; what a prejudiced thing to say, as to imply that all fascists are sick, and discriminative, which is surely not true. You are discriminating harshly against fascists. Only sick fascists support discrimination? I've seen many Americans under a democratic system who are very discriminative. You seem to be saying that simply because someone is under a certain form of government, that you can descern that they are automatically discriminative and sick.

Still, irrational discrimination is wrong. The few: sex discrimination, racial discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination, et cetera.

The others are to protect others from infliction. Yet, have they inflicted at all? Infliction to those who have done no infliction is wrong, right?

But of course, my friend.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 10:09 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
aktorist Wrote:

Quote:

Uh, care to share with me where I might find that in the Constitution of the United States?

For those of you not keeping track, the Constitution of the U.S. is currently unavailable while it is being used as bathroom tissue in the Oval office.
0 Replies