Appreciation for family and friends?

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 01:48 pm
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 01:49 pm
The above are from a quick search, hope they help.
0 Replies

mabon52

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:02 am
kpan
I've always considered this quote by Sir Issac Newton to be both humble and powerful.
'If I have seen futher;it is by standing upon the shoulders of Giants.'
He was refering to Descates but those giants could easily be her parents and friends.Nobody in this world makes it alone,even though Donald Trump would like you to think he did.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 3 May, 2003 08:12 am
mabon53- Welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

Trailertrash

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 03:17 pm
Try to learn to advice from other people. You won't live long enough to make all those mistakes yourself. Me

If you yelled for 8 year, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. Whew -what a lot of work for nothing! Me

I bring to my life a certain amount of mess. Francis Ford
Coppolla.

Success isn't a result of spontaneous combusion. You must set yourself on fire. Arnold W Glasow

We become wiser by adversity; prosperity destroys our appreciation of the right. Seneca the Younger (Stay humble baby, before you're done you'll need it)

Those who give up essential liberty in exchange for temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin

Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Baby - my personal words are ---- keep a sense of humor, without that --- all is lost.

The only person, situation or opinion that you have within your power to change is yours(self). Do not expect other people to change. Accept them the way they are. Save yourself a lot of frustration. They are as convinced as you are that they are right.

Have fun! Always!

A Cradle Song by William Butler Yeats

The angels are stooping
above your bed;
They wear of trooping
with the whimpering dead.

God's laughing in Heaven
to see you so good;
The sailing Seven are gay with his mood.

I sigh that kiss you,
for I must own
That I shall miss you
when you have grown.

(What that means, young person, is that, when you lose the young flush of youth, you are so sorely missed because you give hope to those of us who have become cynical -- have lost hope. We kiss our babies at night; we look at their peaceful, sweet, flushed faces with such adoration, such great love, as they lie there in such innocense and peace. We hope for them everything that we have not. ourselves, realized. Unfortunately, we can only give them what we, ourselves, were given. Mostly if falls pitifully short of what we'd like. What we hope, and I hope for you, is that you can somehow reach beyond and see the hopes and desires of those who love you. Not for them - but for yourself - and can possibly achieve a peace with who you are and would like to be.
0 Replies