The American Idol--Season 5

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 11:37 pm
A brand new season of American Idol has started.

The first round of auditions occurred in Chicago.

Paula, Simon, and Randy are back along with "SeaCRUST" as my honey likes to call him.

We were treated to the usual array of really bad auditions coming from people who think they're God's gift to music.

The first guy said that he was so good that he turned himself on.

One girl with a horrendous tan and horrendous eye make-up looked exactly like her mother with identical horrendous eye-make-up. What a pair. It gives new meaning to the phrase, "Like mother, like daughter."

Paula and Randy gave the crazy can't stand still "talk to the animals" guy a free pass to Hollywood. He didn't have any vocal talent, so they must have did it to irritate Simon.

Paula gave a couple of 17-year-old boys some googly-eyed looks which brings back memories of her alleged affair with a former contestant. Be careful, Paula. You're probably entitled to a few on-the-job perks, but stay away from the jail bait. Very Happy

Can't wait to watch the recap of the next auditions in Denver.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 01:02 pm
I agree about the "talk to the animals" guy -- he'll get booted quickly. The Denver auditions last night were fun and entertaining -- about all I can say about the show. It's a diversion but I wouldn't die if I missed one. My Mom loves it, however.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 04:30 pm
I just saw the picture of that plastic blow up doll look alike girl - SCARY! I think there was actually another photo of her and her mom as well, who looked equally as scary. Yikes! What do you think about the whole Kelly Clarkson vs. Idol dispute? I think she had the right to say no but also think it would be beneficial to let contestants sing her songs.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:51 pm
all right who thought the cowboy kid was the coolest??
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:46 am
Yes, he was definitely a cool kid. I wonder if he found someone to give him voice lessons between the time he was selected and before he left for Hollywood . . . .
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:52 pm
I caught what I believe was the last half of the show. These first auditions are my favorite part of the show. I don't even bother to watch past the first shows anymore.

Yeah, the cowboy kid was adorable. I couldn't help but want him to suceed. Kinda got a lump in my throat when he burst out hollering and hugging his family. It was cute.

Does Paula have some kind of hard drug problem? Man, she's looking rough.
Other than that, even though I don't particularly like the judges, I find the show honestly entertaining still. They are relaxed around each other, and they know what they are doing.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 01:52 pm
I heard they're supposed to show some military folks trying out for the show? Has anyone else heard about it? I think the auditions are in Greensboro.
0 Replies

Sage

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 12:21 pm
kermit wrote:
I heard they're supposed to show some military folks trying out for the show? Has anyone else heard about it? I think the auditions are in Greensboro.

I don't remember the guy's name, but I did catch one sexy lookin' guy serving in the National Guard (I think). He sang Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get it On" AND danced with Paula Abdul all slow and sultry!Shocked At one point it almost looked like he would have leaned in to kiss her, but Simon said, "don't get too close!" Laughing

Turns out the guy is married, too. I guess it's all good if you're flirting it up with a celebrity.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2006 07:18 pm
His wife was there when he went out carrying Paula, or when he got the ticket and his wife went in bargin in on a dance... can't remember.

I don't like Simon and Randy.

"I don't mean to be rude..." What a lie. Laughing
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:19 am
The judges asked one contestant whether he had taken voice lessons, and the contestant said yes--that he bought Randy's and Paula's CD. He sang horribly. Simon was having great fun teasing Randy and Paula about their student. After he was rejected, the contestant went out in the parking lot and smashed the CD.

I thought the bald military man who got Paula to dance with him was somewhat sleezy.

The judges chose a nice girl who lives with her grandfather and works as a roller-skating waitress. Her mother abandoned her when she was 2 years old and her father has been in and out of prison most of her life. I think her name is Kelly Pic.... (can't remember her full last name).

The judges chose another nice girl whose mother is a vocal coach. The judges really liked her. Simon said she was "current."

We have a lot of interesting contestants this year.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:23 am
I got the biggest kick out of the guy trying to do Michael Jackson! Whe he stopped in the middle of it and went, "Crap!" I split a gut! But, ya gotta feel sorry for some of these people. This is sooooooooooooo important to them and Simon goes "squish like a bug!"

Loved the granmother or mother telling him that he was rude. But, I kind of like Simon's honesty. Just not his delivery.

Do you honestly think these people really believe they are as good as they think they are or are they just doing it for their 15 minutes of fame?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:25 am
husker wrote:
all right who thought the cowboy kid was the coolest??

the cowboy kid is a human sacrifice....
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:46 pm
Quote:
Loved the granmother or mother telling him that he was rude. But, I kind of like Simon's honesty. Just not his delivery.

Good point. Smile

I honestly can't really say whether they believe themselves to be as good as they said. If I have to guess, I'd say that many of them do believe that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:55 pm
Ray,

No way!? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ok, let's look at this. Let's pick out one person each that particularly stands out to us and examine the situation? I am having a very hard believing that some of these people could actually think they are the next "American Idol." I just can't believe they don't know.

So, who stands out in your mind the most so far? To me it was Rhondella? Was that her name? The girl with the long blonde wig, silver tube top, white skirt, and silver sequined boots that thought Paula Abdul is a has been. You honestly thinks she really BELIEVES what she said? Shocked
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm
lol, unfortunately I've only seen one episode, and I don't remember that girl, but I might have a hunch to who you're talking about. Sometimes people think that their voice is better than what others hear them to be, or maybe they just don't know anything about pitch, notes, and all that stuff. Maybe they just don't want to accept it...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:41 pm
I think it's just fascinating. Sometimes sad, but fascinating.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:04 pm
So far the voice that really impressed me was a little black girl with a pixie like speaking voice but with the most complex singing voice. I think she may win.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 01:18 pm
Ceili,

You just might be right! I could not believe what came out of her mouth when she sang! http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000011.gif Remember Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)? He had that weird speaking voice but boy what a singer!
0 Replies