The Bachelor in Paris

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
I missed the first episode of the Bachelor in Paris. I was probably watching C-Span instead. LOL But, I'm game for leaving the politically-charged threads for awhile, watching some television that has no social value, and talking about the Bachelor. Not much else to talk about until the next Survivor--so here it goes.

The Bachelor: Dr. Travis Stork

I don't think he's there looking for his future wife. This is my initial impression, but I don't think he's ready to settle down.

The Women: Sarah B., Cole, Moana, Jennifer, Elizabeth, Shiloh, Yvonne, Jehan, Susan, Tara, Sarah S., and Kristen.

What did we learn from the first rose ceremony? If a woman wants to stay past the first rose ceremony, she shouldn't announce that she's in the "reproductive stage" of her life. Appearing on "The Bachelor" is not the solution for a desperate woman looking to snag some sperm to fertilize her rotting eggs. A trip to the sperm bank will achieve better results.

What did we learn from the first one-on-one date? If a woman is trying to impress a man, she shouldn't craft false teeth from an orange peel and model those teeth while drinking wine. Like a bad act on the Gong Show, she didn't last long.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,035 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Jonsey

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
I didn't see it either...what time is it usually on? I agree, I didn't think he was there for "true love" either, but would you be if you got to be wined and dined in paris as well as meet beautiful women (or men)?? Smile
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 10:33 pm
This is the first "Bachelor" I've seen and it was due to the fact my niece has been staying with me. It takes a 16 year old to make me pay attention to such a series. It was the perfect accompaniment to our pint of Cherry Garcia ice cream and Earl Grey tea.

I felt a little embarrassed for the women. They appear to be beautiful and successful and yet they are clawing at each other to get this guy's attention. The process seems demeaning. That one female doctor desperate for a sperm donor was pathetic. How will she live this down. If I saw her face at the end of my hospital bed I would demand a new doctor. I agree that the false teeth made of orange peel was the demise of the blonde chick. The Bachelor's face said it all "get me the hell away from her".

Yes, the guy is cute and successful and in no hurry to cash in on his blessings. He likes being The Bachelor much better than being The Husband.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:47 am
It was apparent that Shiloh was toast when she used her private time with the bachelor to warn him about the other girls rather than use that time to get to know him. No connection there.

We're down to six ladies.

From what I can tell, I think the bachelor's two favorite ladies are Canadian Sarah and Sexy Susan. He seems to click with C. Sarah, but he is truly smitten with Susan's looks.

The bachelor somewhat promised his first kiss to Canadian Sarah, but Sexy Susan got to lip-lock with him first on their private date. C. Sarah was really upset.

Red-headed Tara likes to play the part of the saboteur. She has never yet passed up an opportunity to break in on another lady's private time with the bachelor.

Jehan doesn't really stand out--except that she did get the first rose at the first group date.

Moana likes to play the role of "woman of mystery." She tells the other ladies that she's not really interested in the bachelor, but then she stepped up her "game" and monopolized the bachelor's time on their group date to the South of France and landed that rose.

I don't expect Tennessee Sarah to stick around very long.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 12:28 pm
You know - I would go on this show (if I was younger and single) simply for the opportunity of a free vacation. Look at it - they get to go to these cool places and be wined and dined and dress up in these great dresses. If you were to keep things in perspective - it could be really fun to be one of those dozen girls.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 02:55 pm
Yeah, but some of them are so witchy that it wouldn't be much of a vacation...if I wanted to hang out with women like that, I'd go back to my sorority house for vacation! haha
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 10:39 pm
I didn't expect Tennesse Sarah to make it very far, and here she is in the final two.

It appears that Moana is the sentimental favorite of the viewing audience.

Between Sarah and Moana, Sarah seems to be more emotionally mature. Since Sarah and Travis live in the same city, they might have a chance to develop a relationship that will last past the airing of the final rose ceremony.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2006 11:19 pm
I've been pushed aside for American Idol and other busy stuff and the Olympics of course.
0 Replies

KetchupLady

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
Moana strikes me as a complete nutball....maybe it's just me, but Travis will have a life of pain if he picks her.

I was also surprised Sarah from Tennessee went so far...they usually don't let normal girls win...maybe they're learning. She definitely seems the most balanced of the bunch.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2006 02:15 pm
Travis chose Tennessee Sarah to be his girlfriend. Very sweet ending to this season's bachelor.

Originally, I didn't think Tennessee Sarah would make it very far because she didn't stand out (probably due to the early editing of the show). But, when all is said and done, she clearly outshines all the other women.

I wonder if they're still together or if the romance fizzled out after they left Paris.
0 Replies