Help with grinding from front wheels

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 02:00 pm
OK we got a 2000 Grand Caravan with 100k miles on it.

For teh last several months it has a made this grinding noise whenever we go over a bump with both wheels at the same time. I don't notice it happening at higher highway speeds, maybe because we are going too fast, but at slower parking lots speeds it is VERY noticeable.

It does not happen if we go over bumps at an angle to where one tire goes up first and then the other, only when we go up head on.

I notice it most when going over my curb onto the driveway, but it also happens at speeds bumps in parking lots, etc.

I just assumed it was the front struts that were bad and it was the springs compressing so I had both front struts replaced last week. Well it was still happening this last weekend.

Any ideas what could be causing this. I was reading a post about CV boots and I started to think that was bad, except I do not have ANY clicking from regular driving. And if it was a bad CV boot I would think I would get some grinding when going up a curb at an angle.

It is driving me crazy.

Please help,
Bryan"Harry"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 685 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 11:49 am
Bump.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 02:22 pm
Could be the bottom of the car is touching the bump. Check if your shocks are too low.
0 Replies

harry8929

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:40 am
It's not that, because it would be a plastic scraping noise from the skirt on the front. It is definitely a metal sounding noise.

If it was the struts are too low, wouldn't they have noticed that when they replaced them?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 03:01 am
Get it up on a hoist and look underneath as it wouldgive a good view of worn parts. This can be done in a mechanic shop.
0 Replies