It's a Bird, it's a Plane, it's a... Hooters Girl!

sozobe

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 09:14 pm
I really really thought this was an Onion piece when I first saw it, but as far as I can tell, it's real:

Quote:
Hooters Air Takes Off
Hooters of America, Inc. announced that Hooters Air has taken a very important step toward launching its new charter air service. At 11:00 AM this morning, a freshly painted Boeing 737, Hooters Air One, rolled out of a hangar at Delta TechOps Center in Atlanta. The plane features an orange and white paint scheme, Hooters Air graphics and a large owl on the tail, from the famous Hooters Restaurant chain. The plane will be flown to Winston-Salem, where work will continue on the aircraft with the installation of a new interior featuring 112 roomy 35-inch blue leather seats. A second aircraft, Hooters Air Two, is scheduled to begin painting on Monday, January 27th. Both aircraft should be passenger ready by March 1st.

Hooters Air is in the process of receiving approval from the Department of Transportation and hopes to announce its first routes in and out of the Myrtle Beach, SC market within the next few weeks. While Hooters Air is not yet taking reservations for its inaugural flights, it has secured the phone number 1-888-FLY-HOOT, which it expects to activate in a few weeks

Hooters Air will utilize planes and flight crews employed by Pace Airlines of Winston-Salem, NC. Hooters of America, Inc. chairman Robert H. Brooks acquired Pace at the end of 2002 through an LLC that he personally controls. Currently, Pace controls 17 aircraft, including Hooters Air One and Two, and specializes in sports team, corporate and tour company charters. Executives of Piedmont Aviation founded the airline in 1995.

Due to a relationship between Pace and Delta Air Lines, Hooters Air planes are being transformed at the Delta TechOps facility in Atlanta. Pace has announced that all of their aircraft, including those of Hooters Air, are supported through a comprehensive maintenance agreement whereby Delta TechOps provides parts, equipment repairs/overhauls and personnel training.

Hooters Air 737s will be manned by a flight crew consisting of two pilots (wearing traditional pilot uniforms), three flight attendants (wearing khaki pants and orange Hooters Air polo shirts) and two Hooters Girls (wearing traditional Hooters Restaurant uniforms). The flight attendants will be experienced, certified, and the position will be gender neutral. The Hooters Girls will be restaurant employees who will assist with hostess and food/beverage functions as allowed by FAA regulations.

"We feel we have put together the best possible formula for success for Hooters Air," stated Hooters of America, Inc. Vice President of Marketing, Mike McNeil. "Because Pace is providing the planes and flight crews, we have a proven record of safety, stability, and profitability. The maintenance agreement with Delta teams Hooters Air with a proven leader in safety and has increased Pace's dispatch reliability rating to 98 percent. Finally, we add the spark of the Hooters brand name and our 20-year history and proven ability to provide great service and hospitality. Why would you fly any other airline?" said McNeil.

Hooters Air would like to announce routes, rates and schedules within the next month and initiate flight operations before the beginning of summer.

http://www.hootersair.com/about/press/

I just love the "traditional Hooters Restaurant uniforms" line. Cool

http://www.hootersair.com/images/hootersair_spot2.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 10:34 pm
oh boy.... It's not the onion, I don't think. I remember hearing something about Hooter airlines on these here pages of a2k. And, all is true here, no?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 06:19 am
I heard about it as well, but I didn't actually think they were going to do it, LOL!
0 Replies

Sleepyhead

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 06:37 am
And the target market profile would be what I wonder?
0 Replies