Ahhh, what a lovely dinner it was...

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
Had an outstanding meal latley? What? Where?

Here, lemme start.
My friend celebrated her 30th yesterday. She booked a little cafe for about 30 of us and had this young chef- couldn't be more than 22, I swear. And he cooked up a storm. We had a tartar steak for starters - i haven't had one for years and years, but this one was phenomenal. lotsa garlic and paprica. then he made this venison with wild mushrooms sauce and potatoes to kill for. and the tiramisu! you would not believe!

the only outstanding meal that comes even close to this was at the Sushi-Samba-Rio restaurant in Chicago. That we paid through our noses for, but it was well worth it. A Japanese-Brazilian-Thai fusion of sorts, or something close to that. Un-friggin-believable. And the atmosphere was super, too. A-flittered handsome waiters, funky lights, funky music. Grand. Something to check out for the gourmans during the a2k chicago meet on may 5-6!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 968 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:53 am
Rudi's BBQ and Ribs, You get a slab of ribs wrapped in butcher paper, grab a soda or beer out of the cooler, find a spot among all the other eaters at one of the long tables, use a roll of paper towels for napkins forget about table ware. Enjoy!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:59 am
There's also this place called The Pit in Jamaica Plain in Boston - it's a tin roof shack, that's the stuff. Some real home cookin', great bbq, pulled pork, all that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 02:46 am
Well, last night we found a lovely little restaurant on Naschmarkt. I had a fresh arugola salad with zucchini and goatchease fried balls- outstanding. and then i had chicken with sauteed vegetables that was just out of this world. chef was amazing, just one young guy working the whole restaurant.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 05:42 pm
sigh, this thread feels lonely, but in any case.

tonight we ventured to an australian bar. magda had a kangaroo steak and i had some sort of a fish - forgot to ask (menu said it was seasonal)

and the best bloody shiraz i ever had, it's aftertaste was almost as rich as in a good blackberry-ish rioja, but not as heavy. heavenly.

then we had some vodka gimlets around the corner from stephansplatz, in an old swanky bar. nice evening, all in all.
0 Replies