Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:07 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
I think we should show some Christian charity and forgive..

It seems that forgiveness is something that does not come easy to some. Non-Christian and Christian alike. That is a great fault of mankind.

I dont care actually how many religious crazies infect a2k. A small dose of rationalism usually does the trick.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:12 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

It seems that forgiveness is something that does not come easy to some. Non-Christian and Christian alike. That is a great fault of mankind.

I dont care actually how many religious crazies infect a2k. A small dose of rationalism usually does the trick.

You haven't cured me yet. You better get your arse to work if you plan on saving the world.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:17 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Does that work for atheists as well? Just askin.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:21 pm
John Creasy wrote:
You haven't cured me yet. You better get your arse to work if you plan on saving the world.
No plans to save the world. Just hope you get better soon.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:22 pm
Nimh,

So big deal, I used the words battle for the Lord. Big deal. Sorry sweetie, but the way some treat God on A2K they pretty much make it seem like a war. Debate, battle, argument, tit for tat, whatever the friggin word you want to use. It's all the same thing. I just choose to recognize it.

Are we done yet? Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:25 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Atheists...for a proper definition see Setanta above, are not usually infected with the cultural/religious meme that requires disinfectant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
So like, Steve, how come you ain't over at the bobble-thumpers vs. quran-thumpers smack-down?

Bring some good snacks, and join us as we watch 'em slug it out . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:26 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Atheists...for a proper definition see Setanta above, are not usually infected with the cultural/religious meme that requires disinfectant.

You may want to rethink that. I am sure that there are many who would disagree.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:27 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
No plans to save the world. Just hope you get better soon.

Thank you. I took my meds today and I haven't stabbed anyone yet, so I guess I'm doing ok.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:28 pm
As long as you dont seem to see in the least what it is you do, I'm a-guessin that noone here will be "done" for quite a long while to come still.

If you're ok wit that, then go ahead, sure ... but then please please please dont come whining to us again next time about how those big meanies treated you so un-nicely and unfairly, 'k?

Thanks
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:29 pm
Setanta wrote:

Just to be perfectly fair, how 'bout I bring some sandwiches made with hummus and Wonder Bread?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:30 pm
Sure, Phoenix, and if anybody joins you in consuming them, they're welcome to it . . . me, i don't do chick peas or sponge bread . . . bring some corn chips, though, will ya?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:31 pm
Nimh,

Not a problem with that whatsoever.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:33 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

You may want to rethink that. I am sure that there are many who would disagree.
I have thought about this issue quite a bit in recent years, and nothing made more sense than Prof. Richard Dawkins idea of a cultural meme. Lots of people disagreed that the earth went round the sun, especially the Church.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:40 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh,

So big deal, I used the words battle for the Lord. Big deal. Sorry sweetie, but the way some treat God on A2K they pretty much make it seem like a war. Debate, battle, argument, tit for tat, whatever the friggin word you want to use. It's all the same thing. I just choose to recognize it.

Are we done yet? Laughing

Ok, Momma. I have something for you to consider. This is something I've brought up before and you said you saw my point, but here you are doing it again. The words hypocrisy and hypocrite keep popping up in the feedback loop here and its the word that I keep wanting to try to define for you. Maybe the hypocrisy that people are reacting to is the way you continue to spout the "they" concept of 'us and them' or they and we from one side of your spiel and the 'I really like it here and want to be part of the family' concept out of the other. I think folks wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt as the different uncle we all have in our families until yesterday when any benefit of the doubt blew out the window. What is perceived as your true colors were discovered over at partyjohn's site and you're attempts to get along here as a smokescreen. Being honest and forthright with your intentions are different things. You might have been honest, but the secret agent man agenda was not forthright and is hypocritical.

Also, the concept of rallying the troops to wage war against a discussion is a bit over the top, don't you think? As one of the candidates for the honor of being the one prayed against, I think its a bit thick.
0 Replies

timberlandko

The victim game played by fundies - regardless the fairytale they endorse - is particularly irritating.
When pressed to validate whatever proposition they champion, challenged to resolve apparent inconsistancies, contradictions, absurdities, or refute other apparent contraindication, the all-but-invariable response is "You don't want to discuss, you want to mock me/my beliefs".

Sorta amusing, really, the way they maintain "Since you won't listen, I won't bother to answer" - which really translates to "My forensic skills and/or my evidence are inadequate to the task of presenting coherent, persuasive argument for my proposition" - and then blithely go right on bothering, all the while lamenting the disrespect their method of presentation and consequently the proposition they champion.

By their fruits shall you know them.

And their nuts, too.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Phoenix
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Just to be perfectly fair, how 'bout I bring some sandwiches made with hummus and Wonder Bread?

Could ya at least toast the bread?

BBB
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:42 pm
Re: Phoenix
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Could ya at least toast the bread?

BBB

For you BBB, anytime! Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:42 pm
But . . . but . . . Big Bird, i do want to mock them/their beliefs . . .
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:45 pm
Phoenix
Phoenix, I hate to keep buggin ya, but could you cut the sandwiches into triangles like my mum used to do?

BBB
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:18:07