Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:24 pm
Nimh,

Layoff Rex, will ya? Your problem is with me, not him.

You want to know why I'm not embarrassed or ashamed, Nimh? Because I have done nothing wrong. What did I do wrong, Nimh? What? Obviously nothing against the TOS or I'd be suspended already.

So, it just seems what I have done wrong is what some of you think I've done wrong. I explained what I did, why I did it, and I can't do anymore than that.

Now, which one of you out there is so perfect you have never done anything or said anything that someone else was offended about?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:26 pm
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:29 pm
Then Lash, I suggest you just sit down and stay out of this, ok? I meet things head on AT THE TIME THEY COME UP. I don't let others think everything is ok and then somewhere down the line tell others that oh yeah, I let that go a long time ago.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:30 pm
Lash wrote:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:32 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Like I said, I've told the truth. You don't accept it. That's your option.

Its not so much a question of "not accepting" the "truth", but rather pointing out where the "truth" as you assert it (all I wanted was to have a little less of the mocking) is contradicted by what you wrote yourself (raising an army of the lord to turn A2K into a site that glorifies god, in a spiritual war).

But then, this is your standard fall-back argument: when you assert something and someone points out where and how exactly the data (of whatever kind) contradict it, you say: "well, its your choice not to accept it - I know its true". Its a non-sequitur, of course, but one that I gather helps you avoid asking yourself difficult questions or facing up to things.

This bitterness in tone? Unlike Setanta, I wasnt exactly out gunning for you from the start; as you can see up above, the previous time I posted in this thread I was actually still defending you against him. To Rexred it doesnt make any difference: we're all a pig pile of aggies and atheists. But someone else might wonder how people who were in principle benevolently enough minded toward you are still quite aghast at finding this stuff.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:32 pm
Lash honey,

Try not posting anything. That would be true indifference. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:35 pm
Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:36 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh,

Layoff Rex, will ya? Your problem is with me, not him.

Ehm, MA?

<raises finger>

Rex wrote a long, rather aggressive screed against me, remember, up there? Threatening me to "go on a vindictive roll" and all that?

I merely replied to him?

Yes?

OK, back to the scheduled entertainment...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:36 pm
Nimh,

You have never directly attacked me. Not one time that I can recall. I do understand what you are saying. Yes, I believe the whole world is in a spiritual war at times. So? A mighty army for God? You betcha. One person can be a mighty army for God. And what's wrong with me wanting an army for God to try to counter the mocking and joking about Him? The way I see it, it would take an army to stop all the mocking and ridiculing God that goes on here at A2K. But, if you will also notice, the army has not shown up. I withdrew my call to arms.

Nimh, yes, I realize Rex came in there and attempted to help. But, please just understand he did it as if one of your friends would rush in to help you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:38 pm
Setanta wrote:
I hope everyone here sees how futile it is to attempt to engage MOAN--she will rant on, no matter what someone else posts, and no matter how badly she has made herself appear. She is obsessed, and she thinks she's on a mission.

Phoenix's advice doesn't apply to MOAN because she is obsessed, and won't give it up.

What, exactly, is your mission Setanta? You are obviously not giving up, based on your posts and particularly your new signature line.
0 Replies

littlek

Well, catching up on these events has made me sick to my stomach.
0 Replies

husker

"Indifference is the invisible giant of the world."
Ouida
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:39 pm
and in case you are wondering, no, I am not part of any army
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:40 pm
Wow! I am honored! Setanta used something I said as his signature line. Woo hoo! Setanta, honey, the lid has been blown off that for awhile now. Everyone knows I said it. It's been posted a few times too!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:41 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh, yes, I realize Rex came in there and attempted to help. But, please just understand he did it as if one of your friends would rush in to help you.

I have no problem with that, just like you should have had no problem about me, in turn, responding to him.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:41 pm
"I always divide people into two groups.
Those who live by what they know to be a lie,
and those who live by what they believe, falsely, to be the truth."
Christopher Hampton
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:42 pm
Nimh,

Understood. Agreed.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:42 pm
As I recall the army of God was an illiterate monkey and a self-absorbed woman, whose every third post was a harangue about why nobody answered her fast enough.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:45 pm
Nope. Sorry Lash. I didn't meet Hephzibah until after she joined A2K. I didn't know I'm The Other One either until after they joined A2K. Try again.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:47 pm
Hephzibah---

MA has identified you as this:

self-absorbed woman, whose every third post was a harangue about why nobody answered her fast enough.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 01:41:01