Indifference/ The Most Effective Response to Irrationality

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
I spent part of the evening reading at spiritwarrior tonight.

It's one thing to be suspicious, it's another to see the proof.

Noddy often comments on my optimism. It was totally shot by what I read at spiritwarrior.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:10 pm
What is wrong with you people anyway? (And that only applies to those it applies to.) So what if there is a Christian site out there? So what if things have been said about A2K. Obviously, you seem to think if it's on the internet it's fair game, right?

Show me one time where I said I'm going to convert anyone? The worst I did was say I wanted to see this site glorify God instead of mock Him. Big deal! You don't seem to have a problem mocking God or anyone that believes in Him but you sure don't like it if someone says something about any of you, do you? You don't have a problem telling believers how idiotic, irrational, insane, nutjobs, etc., do you?

If some of you would just be honest and look at how you treat people that believe in God perhaps no one would feel they would have things like that to say? I am not ashamed of anything I posted on that other site. I have told all of you the truth on this one. If you don't accept it, well, then you just don't accept it.

It's just a shame that you all seem so ready to think the worst of someone because they are a believer in God. You don't even ask someone about why something was said or done. You assume you already know. And you usually don't have a clue.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I think that part of the problem, is that many of us have bought in to the emotional ramblings of a few, which apparently has snowballed. Obviously, the more that we respond, the more counter responses there will be.

Ergo, the rationale for the thesis of this thread. No responses, and hopefully the entire thing will fall by the wayside for lack of interest.

Thanks, Phoenix. I needed that reminder.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:21 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh,

Why don't you check the dates? Setanta accused me of doing that back in December. I was not doing it.

He is still wrong, as far as I can tell, when it came to his claim that you were actively recruiting people for your organisation.

However, his broader point that for you, A2K is a recruitment tool to recruit new believers, now suddenly appears wholly vindicated.

Do the dates matter, on that count? Not a whit.

You were very eloquent on that other site in describing what at least a very prolific part of your motivations for posting here is, apparently: to raise and function as a mighty army for the Lord. To make A2K a site to glorify God.

Yes, you wrote those words after Set's accusations, not before them. But you stand by them now still -- you mean them still, apparently, see nothing in them to be embarassed about. So I assume that means you also had the same feelings, opinions, etc, two weeks before as well.

Or did you suddenly change your feelings about what you wanted to be doing here, in relation to God and you belief, within two weeks? That would be a little schizo, no? Or are you seriously saying that it was OK to suddenly look upon A2K as a proselitysing tool, and on your activity on A2K as fighting and winning over the infidels, because you know - Setanta kind of dared you? That would be a rather unserious approach to your religion, wouldnt it?

No, for now I guess I'm going to have to go with thinking that those words pretty adequately reflected your prior feelings about you + A2K as well. And if you cant see how those words make the response you gave Sozobe look extremely hypocritical, then I'm sure I can't be of help either. But I do think it's important for others here to see the whole story of what you're about, apparently.

Momma Angel wrote:
Now, I don't mind you bringing in a single thing I have posted because I will stand by anything I have said. But, you have brought in posters from that other site I don't even know. That is not fair to them.

Nonsense. They posted something on a publicly accessible forum that Google can find as well too; its all in the public domain. Ergo, they know that anything they say might well be reproduced elsewhere on the net. Same with any of our posts here.

And it's only through reproducing the interaction between you and them that it becomes clear what was happening; namely, exactly that which Setanta said was happening: that you were recruiting christians to come to this site to make it christian. That is not reconcilable with the motivation you outlined in your response to Sozobe.

Momma Angel wrote:
I have been honest. I have been upfront.

Please do reread your answer to Sozobe, and then your posts on that other site - both concerned with what you are doing on A2K and why - compare them -- consider the extreme dissonance between them -- and then look in the mirror (or in the face of God) and repeat, "I have been honest. I have been upfront." Can you, really?

Its exactly on the "upftront and honest" count that, I suspect, many of us have a problem with you (and you can count me among them now too).
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:25 pm
Joining with an agenda to bring in harpies and flood the place, in efforts to proselytize SHOULD be against TOS, and if not, maybe TOS could stand some tweaking.... I'll go with the majority. Report everything they utter, or ignore. Just say the word.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:33 pm
To make it simple, MA, here's the digested version. Compare these postings:

Momma Angel wrote:
I love to learn about God. I have learned a lot from those that are non-believers. Things about Christian history I had no clue about. So, I ask questions when I see something I don't understand.

[..] is my intent to bring unbelievers into the fold? I am really ashamed to say this, but no. I know I should be trying to do that and yes, I'd be thrilled if someone did believe but I can't convert anyone. Also, I know it's against the TOS to try to induce anyone into believing and I've already been suspended for an infraction [..] and I don't want to do that again. [..]

I can't convert anyone. I believe that with all my heart. That is something only God can do. I just want to learn more. I want to learn more about me, about you and others and God.

Momma Angel wrote:
We are in a spiritual war today. We need as many Christians as we can possibly get to stand united against the father of lies.

I want to see this site grow to be something so glorifying to God! [..] We have to put forth our best Christlike armor we can my brothers and sisters in Christ. The Beast knows that his time is short and he grows angry. [..]

I am telling everyone about this site and trying to help get more to register. We can be a mighty army for the Lord.

There's, like, a week or perhaps two in between those posts - and of course, the first ones are what you said here about what you're doing on a2k, and the second ones are what you said there about what you're doing here.

Honest and upfront?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:36 pm
This is getting good now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:39 pm
Setanta sits in the corner, smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:40 pm
I'm thinking the fire-bombing of Dresden was pretty tame.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:43 pm
Oh, Momma!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:46 pm
"The desire for success lubricates secret prostitution's in the soul."

and

"We can never know for certain where our prayers are likely to go,
nor from whom the answers will come.
Just when we think we are at our nearest to God,
we could be assisting the Devil."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm
Get thee behind her, Satan-kicky!!
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:51 pm
Setanta wrote:
Menudo is a popular Mexican variant of tripe soup--this is a recipe page for Menudo from San Marcos, Tejas, which has a Menudo cook-off !

mmm. . . menudo
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:52 pm
Damn, Husker! Interesting quotes!

Did you make those up? LOL!! Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:54 pm
THye just came in an email Norman Mailer(sp)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:05 pm
Nimh,

What I told Sozobe was the truth. That is why I started posting on A2K. I was shocked at the things being said about God and I wanted to know why. The more questions I asked the more I found out. Yes, I love to talk about God. So what? It's the S&R Forum. I would think one would expect to hear about God from time to time.

Yes, after Setanta accused me of it, I did it. I did it because I wanted to see more people praising God instead of mocking Him. So what? I didn't ask anyone to convert. I didn't say you have to believe or be condemned.

I understand completely how this may look to some of you. I have no problem with that one little bit. All I can tell you is my side of it and you either accept it or you don't.

I never asked one person to join A2K and start preaching. I just asked them to sign up. I did not tell them what to post. Yes, I asked some Christians on here to not post to those threads that I felt were being posted just to mock God and cause havoc. So what? They died very quickly because we did not engage in them. That is the dissention I meant was dissipating.

I will stand up for God over anything. That's how strong my faith is. I don't like it when God is mocked. It turns my stomach. But, I have come to understand that I can't expect anyone to stop dong it on A2K. So, I would just suggest that you will have to get used to me saying good things about God. That's just the way it is.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:05 pm
Sozobe corrected me on the dates of the below quotes in another thread: "For what it's worth, it was the other way around -- post on the Christian forum on the 12th, post to me on the 18th. (That's rendered moot if she says she stands by it even now, though.)"

nimh wrote:
To make it simple, MA, here's the digested version. Compare these postings:

Momma Angel wrote:
I love to learn about God. I have learned a lot from those that are non-believers. Things about Christian history I had no clue about. So, I ask questions when I see something I don't understand.

[..] is my intent to bring unbelievers into the fold? I am really ashamed to say this, but no. I know I should be trying to do that and yes, I'd be thrilled if someone did believe but I can't convert anyone. Also, I know it's against the TOS to try to induce anyone into believing and I've already been suspended for an infraction [..] and I don't want to do that again. [..]

I can't convert anyone. I believe that with all my heart. That is something only God can do. I just want to learn more. I want to learn more about me, about you and others and God.

Momma Angel wrote:
We are in a spiritual war today. We need as many Christians as we can possibly get to stand united against the father of lies.

I want to see this site grow to be something so glorifying to God! [..] We have to put forth our best Christlike armor we can my brothers and sisters in Christ. The Beast knows that his time is short and he grows angry. [..]

I am telling everyone about this site and trying to help get more to register. We can be a mighty army for the Lord.

There's, like, a week or perhaps two in between those posts - and of course, the first ones are what you said here about what you're doing on a2k, and the second ones are what you said there about what you're doing here.

Honest and upfront?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:11 pm
I rather think the "LYING FOR JESUS" thread has a whole new meaning . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:14 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Nimh,

I never asked one person to join A2K and start preaching. I just asked them to sign up. I did not tell them what to post.

Momma, Momma, come on ... this is what you wrote:

Quote:
And those of you that do not post on Able2know.com, I encourage you to do so. We are in a spiritual war today. [..] I want to see this site grow to be something so glorifying to God! We can all do that by finding others to come here. [..] We have to put forth our best Christlike armor [..] We can be a mighty army for the Lord.

That's not tantamount to telling them to "join and start preaching"?

You're not being honest to yourself - and thus you end up obfuscating to us too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 10:15 pm
And I have not attempted one time to convince anyone to convert to Christianity. Not one time. I admitted I wasn't doing that even though I know because of my beliefs I should be. But I did not do that. I told the truth.

And I don't suppose that there isn't a little pack of non-believers that will go in there and pat another poster on the back for something? So, it's ok for non-believers but not for Christians, right? I mean, it's ok for some to high five someone else because of what they posted but God forbid (pun intended) that a believer would actually hope someone would do that? As you can see by my posts on the other site, nimh, I didn't tell them what to post, did I? Did I tell them to do anything other than sign up?

So, little fish, put on your big girl/big boy panties and deal with it.

Nimh,

I specifically did not tell them what to post. I only wanted more Christians to be on the site. So what?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/04/2024 at 10:59:19