1
   

New Prayer Re: War And Our Troops

 
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:05 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
Thanks for a thoughtful response. Smile


thunder

There are threads & threads & threads on peoples' thoughts on the Iraq invasion. Just take a look in the politics section under forums. I doubt many here could stand to go over that well stomped over ground yet another time.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:07 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Brandon is fixated on this head sawing off thing.... I personally would rather be burned at the stake.

A hot stake beats a cold chop everytime.

Well, throbby, if I were fixated on it, then it probably would have been me who brought it up. I suppose that if someone brings it up to me and I respond, that constitutes fixation.

No, Setanta, you aren't making it worse, just showing great disrespect for other peoples' agony.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:08 am
I have made my ideas plain for three years now . . . Miss Olga is correct, i don't intend to play stupid games on that topic unnecessarily . . .
0 Replies
 
husker
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:09 am
Setanta wrote:
I have made my ideas plain for three years now . . . Miss Olga is correct, i don't intend to play stupid games on that topic unnecessarily . . .


you have? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
msolga
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:13 am
husker wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I have made my ideas plain for three years now . . . Miss Olga is correct, i don't intend to play stupid games on that topic unnecessarily . . .


you have? Rolling Eyes


Husker

Honestly, who hasn't?
0 Replies
 
gustavratzenhofer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:14 am
Regarding Brandon's observation about people screaming while their heads are being sawn off:

Isn't that the natural thing to do?

I believe I would scream.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:16 am
I think what drives Brandon is the fear that he may miss one of those beheadings, and concommitant screaming.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Regarding Brandon's observation about people screaming while their heads are being sawn off:

Isn't that the natural thing to do?

I believe I would scream.


wouldn't it depend on where the sawing started? If you started at the front instead of the side. the windpipe would go right away and there would be little screaming. a start from the side would buy a little more time.

Brandon. let's hear from the expert here.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:19 am
So much for the liberal claim that they want the troops out based on sympathy for the war casualties. Were that true, they probably would also have sympathy for the murdered hostages. Since they find the topic to be fodder for jokes, the natural conclusion is that the other expressions of sympathy are insincere, and just a vehicle for opposing Bush.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:22 am
perhaps Brandon you would do well to realize it is not the hostages we find fodder for jokes but your predictable and tiresome posts.

Just a thought, but consider that you desensitize people to the subject with your inanities.
0 Replies
 
Wolf ODonnell
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:23 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
So much for the liberal claim that they want the troops out based on sympathy for the war casualties. Were that true, they probably would also have sympathy for the murdered hostages. Since they find the topic to be fodder for jokes, the natural conclusion is that the other expressions of sympathy are insincere, and just a vehicle for opposing Bush.


You must point out these beheading joke fodder to me. Your concention certainly doen't prove true concerning me.
0 Replies
 
gustavratzenhofer
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:24 am
What about the windpipe theory which Bear presented?
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:25 am
Bless you, Brandon, for continuing to play the straight man.
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:28 am
Dog bless the wayward Brother . . .


May He lift His Mighty Leg to our confused Betheren and Sisterns . . .


In Dog's Holy Name . . .



Ramen . . .
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:28 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
What about the windpipe theory which Bear presented?

I'm thinking that when you joke about these murders, it might be even funnier to you if you refer to some of them specifically and by name. Here is some information from the "Washington Post" that may help:

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Oct. 8 -- A British engineer abducted with two American contractors three weeks ago was beheaded by his captors, according to a videotape of the slaying and comments from the victim's family.

The graphic video showing the slaying of Kenneth Bigley, 62, followed the same pattern as the beheadings of his colleagues, Eugene "Jack" Armstrong of Hillsdale, Mich., and Jack Hensley of Marietta, Ga., on Sept. 20 and Sept. 21. Bigley was shown seated in an orange jumpsuit before six black-clad insurgents of Monotheism and Jihad, the organization headed by the Jordanian militant Abu Musab Zarqawi, the Reuters news agency reported.

After reading a statement, one of the insurgents is seen drawing a knife from his belt and cutting off Bigley's head while three others hold him down. The group said the British government had failed to meet its demand to release all female prisoners held by occupying forces at two military prisons in Iraq.

"We can confirm that the family has received absolute proof that Ken Bigley was executed by his captors," Bigley's family said in a statement released by the British Foreign Office.

"We will always remember Ken for his love, compassion and, above all, his 'Liverpool' sense of humor," the statement said. "He was a truly wonderful father, husband, brother and son. The loss to our family . . . is immeasurable. The horror of these final days will haunt us forever."...


Source
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:29 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
perhaps Brandon you would do well to realize it is not the hostages we find fodder for jokes but your predictable and tiresome posts.

Just a thought, but consider that you desensitize people to the subject with your inanities.

Can you say "insensitive?"
0 Replies
 
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:30 am
OK, Brandon . . . that's one . . . what about your inferential contention that this goes on all the time? In fact, the horrified response to this incident was enough to rather quickly convince the insurgents that this was a counterproductive move. That doesn't stop you from harping on this subject.

As Bear points out, it's not the incident which is the source of the joke, it's the idiocy you commonly post.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
Setanta wrote:
OK, Brandon . . . that's one . . . what about your inferential contention that this goes on all the time? In fact, the horrified response to this incident was enough to rather quickly convince the insurgents that this was a counterproductive move. That doesn't stop you from harping on this subject.

As Bear points out, it's not the incident which is the source of the joke, it's the idiocy you commonly post.

Well, you can't win on logic, so this is probably your best bet.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:37 am
Setanta wrote:
OK, Brandon . . . that's one . . . what about your inferential contention that this goes on all the time? In fact, the horrified response to this incident was enough to rather quickly convince the insurgents that this was a counterproductive move.

Of course.

Quote:

US hostage in Iraq executed

14:58 2005-12-19
The Islamic Army in Iraq, the al-Qaida terror network branch led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, said in aweb site on Monday that a US contractor who was held hostage in Iraq has been executed. There was also a video posted on the web site showing a blindfolded man kneeling on the ground was shot by a gun. The victim couldn't be identified.

This group first claimed that they have killed the US hostage in an internet statement on Dec. 8. The Islamic Army, which has claimed responsibility for some kidnappings and murders in Iraq, said in a video statement on Dec.6 that it kidnapped a US national and threatened to kill him within 48 hours unless all prisoners in Iraq were released,reported the Qatar-based al-Jazeera TV channel.

The video showed the cover of a US passport and a bank card bearing the name of Ronald Schulz. Insurgents often kidnap foreigners in an attempt to drive out occupying forces from the war-ravaged country.Some 200 foreigners have been taken hostage since the US-led war on Iraq in March 2003. Many of them were freed later, but dozens killed, with some beheaded gruesomely, reports Xinhua.
I.L.


Source

Setanta wrote:
...That doesn't stop you from harping on this subject.

You're the one harping on it. I haven't brought it up on my own in a long time.
0 Replies
 
thunder runner32
 
  1  
Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 10:19 am
Do any of you have family or friends in Iraq?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

700 Inconsistencies in the Bible - Discussion by onevoice
Why do we deliberately fool ourselves? - Discussion by coincidence
Spirituality - Question by Miller
Oneness vs. Trinity - Discussion by Arella Mae
give you chills - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence for Evolution! - Discussion by Bartikus
Evidence of God! - Discussion by Bartikus
One World Order?! - Discussion by Bartikus
God loves us all....!? - Discussion by Bartikus
The Preambles to Our States - Discussion by Charli
 
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 02/01/2023 at 07:26:12