New Prayer Re: War And Our Troops

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:59 am
Dear Lord (Whoever you perceive Him/Her to be)

Please bring an abrupt end to all war activities that cause the death of our troops or anyone elses and the killing of civilians particulary children and instead send bush, Cheney, all war waging politicians and leaders from all over the world, armed to the teeth, to an island where they may brutalize, kill, hack to bits and generally eliminate themselves to their hearts content.

Amen.

P.S. May I have all my hair back?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,335 • Replies: 47
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
well, there's a prayer i can finally subscribe to. and what an army it would be... a modern crooksade!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:05 am
Amen! Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:26 am
Re: New Prayer Re: War And Our Troops
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
P.S. May I have all my hair back?

There's a line, and I asked first.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:29 am
bvt- What a lovely idea. That army might prove a bit amateurish, as most of those guys have never served in the military themselves. But the blood, the guts, the agony!

Great idea for a reality show! Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:32 am
You are apparently incapable of understanding the fact that war may prevent future deaths either by halting tyranny, or by intervening to stop a growing danger which would result in larger future wars, or future wars in which we started from a much weaker position. Your simplistic idea that not having war will result in fewer deaths long term is merely <pejorative adjective>.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:34 am
Brandon9000- Are you talking to me? I don't think that you have any idea about my thoughts on this war, as I have not said much on the subject.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Brandon9000- Are you talking to me?

No, the original poster.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
Dear Lord,

Please don't forget to send Brandon. He wants to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Please grant his wish.

Amen
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
Here, i posted this in one of Gunga Din's idiot threads, but it would be a good read for Brandon with his paranoia about people having their heads sawn off while they scream:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."[/i]

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Snopes confirms this quote, and gives more detail.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:39 am
Setanta wrote:
Here, i posted this in one of Gunga Din's idiot threads, but it would be a good read for Brandon with his paranoia about people having their heads sawn off while they scream:

You say that as though it weren't really happening, or it weren't really deplorable. Actually, innocent people in Iraq are having their heads sawed off while they scream, although from your point of view, of course, it's just joke material.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:40 am
Setanta wrote:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."[/i]

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Snopes confirms this quote, and gives more detail.

Yep, works like a treat, every single time!

(Depressing, hey?)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:47 am
Yeah, and as Brandon knows of a single instance of someone having his head sawn off while screaming, he now purports that it happens all the time, and that in "making a joke of it," i am exposing the country to greater danger . . .

Quote:
. . . tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.

I am not, in fact, a pacifist--but the effect is the same.

Hope you are well and happy, You Ukrainian Siren . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:50 am
Brandon is fixated on this head sawing off thing.... I personally would rather be burned at the stake.

A hot stake beats a cold chop everytime.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
(I'm fine, Doggy Person. Winking away as usual. Thanks for asking. Hope you're likewise <minus the winking, of course!>)

Pardon the interruption, folks.

Please continue .....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
You're a very bad Bear, indeed . . . and you're on a roll this morning . . .
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:58 am
Setanta,

I imagine you don't find the Iraq war justified?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:59 am
Your imagination is a subject of indifference to me.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:01 am
Thanks for a thoughtful response. Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:04 am
You're welcome.
0 Replies