cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 06:57 am
I went there last night for the first time. Being a chain, I didn't have high expectations, but I have to admit, everything we had was very good.

My only peeve was that there were no capers or extra lemon served with my veal piccata, but it was still very tasty.

The Caesar salad was good, the chicken marsala was good, the alfredo was good, the wine selection was good, even the bread and olive oil dip were good.

Anybody else tried this place? Check out their website by the same name.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,174 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:29 am
I havent heard of it before, cjhsa.

It would be such a nice thing if chain restaurants actually served good food. It must be tricky though, in that even if they knew about good food, it is often more costly to cook than miserable food.

One of my big gripes is that even during high tomato season, restaurants serve cardboard slush tomatoes... when there'll be a street market a block away with great tomatoes. But, I guess they are tied in to year long tomato delivery from their suppliers.

So, understanding some of the constraints, I suppose there will never be a great development of wonderful chain restaurants. A nice dream, though.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:42 am
Well, if there's one near you, give it a try. There's a locator on their website.

Everything was cooked to order and very fresh. No factory prep from what we could tell.
0 Replies