Can anyone take out a life insurance policy on me?

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:33 am
@Linkat,
Gotta go watch Double Indemnity now.
0 Replies

CandiceC

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 11:44 am
@CandyKane,
I'm going through the same thing and ironically enough my nick name is CandyCane... Funny. So my family member who sells insurance took out several life insurance policies on me when I was a child and has now "cashed them out."

This pisses me off cause basically this guy made hundreds of thousands off me.

Now that I'm an adult I want life insurance and it's through the roof. If I were child it would 35 bucks a month for 20 years and bam you get 50,000 dollars. Now that I'm 35 it's like 235 a month for 20 years...

Now that I have a child sure enough he has "sold" me a life insurance policy that he will cash out in 20 years and 50,000 dollars off of my daughter. He'll pay the
"premium" of 8400 hundred dollars and get 50 thousand twenty years. A great retirement off family members right?!

Insurance agents can sometimes be scum bags.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 02:37 pm
I'd report that somehow, but I've no idea what I'm talking about. This is just to bump the thread so someone more knowledgeable sees it, re if there is anything you can or should do.
0 Replies

PatriciaSimon

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2014 07:23 pm
@CandyKane,
There should be a proper procedure on this and requirements. For example, most states require that you have an "insurable interest" on the insured. Then, the relationship you have with the insured is critical in showing that you have an insurable interest. There should also be a medical consent and the insured must sign a written consent form to release his medical records.

However, there are exemptions. For example, a parent can take out life insurance on a minor child without consent. But if the child is over 18 years of age, he or she can sign the application. Do not forged the signature.
0 Replies