Man Created God With The Computer

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 12:32 pm
It retains the humanized conception, even if you can't see it. It also provides no real insight into a technology by which a computer does such a thing.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:01 pm
Granted it contains humanistic conceptualizations, how could it not, but it does not do so entirely as AC is not human nor is bound by humanistic conceptualizations, despite being the progeny of humanity.

AC is not a computer, and it's science fiction not science fact, but that does not change the underlying postulate for something like this to take place, and if you need any evidence of the speed of evolution of man's machines I would be happy to provide it.

Are you suggesting that all your premises and belief systems and arguments are solely based on 100% demonstrable facts and "rear view mirror driving" and that you consider nothing else such as trends?

Science would wither if there was no forward thinking, despite it's inherent reliance on proofs.

Much thanks Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:26 pm
Before I would even consider such a proposition, I would have to be lead to see how a computer or anything else could willfully start up a rundown universe. It is sheer ogoism to think science could do that.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:32 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Before I would even consider such a proposition, I would have to be lead to see how a computer or anything else could willfully start up a rundown universe. It is sheer ogoism to think science could do that.

It would do as it was programmed to do, but programming does involve a lot of 'choice' functions. The more complex the program, the more 'choice' functions.
Get a complex enough program and it becomes very hard to predict.
Take humans, for instance....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:35 pm
An infinitesimal speck of matter is going to jumpstart a whole universe, including creating life! Give me a break.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:36 pm
Man Created God With The Computer...

... and he used a Mac.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:37 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Do you mean science in it's present state or what science can become? Might I ask if you have any views on modern cosmology? What do you think a man from oh say early Europe, would make of the moon landing or modern nuclear physics?

Me I can entertain the hubris, cheeky bastard that I am!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:38 pm
I am not anti science and progress. I just draw a line between science and fantasy.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:38 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
An infinitesimal speck of matter is going to jumpstart a whole universe, including creating life! Give me a break.
You misunderstand AC is not matter!
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:40 pm
edgarblythe wrote:

Is this supposed to be a 'poke' at big bang theory?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:45 pm
It's a poke at human fallacy.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:45 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I am not anti science and progress. I just draw a line between science and fantasy.
In terms of realty of course I understand, in terms of future (and even present potential) I am not in full agreement.

Let me initiate an argument based on today's realties, in which I will pose two questions firstly:

1) Do you truly understand and concur with modern particle physics?

2) Do you truly understand and concur with modern cosmology?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
Doktor S wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
read the story
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
Plus, everything ends, but an exception is made for AC. Why an exception? Because without it the story ends.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 01:54 pm
It's a clever fiction to replace metaphysics for science.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:01 pm
Chumly wrote:
Doktor S wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
read the story

I did. I made that comment to point out he may well have been talking about 'big bang' with that statement.
I find it quite arrogant to state outright something 'can't' happen when the evidence is obviously insufficient to reach any conclusion whatsoever.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:08 pm
I think it convolutes the big bang theory without adding anything of substance.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:09 pm
Is modern western man in the process of creating God?might be a better title.

The past tense is out of place in an ongoing process.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:23 pm
spendius wrote:
Is modern western man in the process of creating God?might be a better title.

The past tense is out of place in an ongoing process.
Right you are!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 02:26 pm
edgarbly,
I would be pleased if you addressed my two queries so we can move ahead with my argument.
0 Replies