Auto Recommendatations

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:48 pm
I need something in 4WD or AWD with room for five plus a bit of luggage, with decent fuel economy and performance. Try to keep it under $30K new. What do you like? Thanks everyone!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,353 • Replies: 13
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:50 pm
And oh yeah, seats covered in humpback whale foreskin aren't really necessary. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:04 pm
This is what I'm after.

http://www.automotive.com/2005/12/honda/cr-v/pricing/index.html

I like these so much, I even like being a passenger in one o' these.

Storage is good, seats are comfy, mileage is good, resale is excellent ...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:33 pm
And one I'm considering as well. A tad small for five, it is still a contender for my $$.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
How much is the Honda Pilot? The new ones are very nice SUV's.

Or Toyota Highlander, Nissan Murano, Xterra(motor trend SUV of the year). Subaru Legacy wagon, but might be tight for five.

Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape.

Ford 500 AWD...big car with a huge trunk.

VW Passat AWD, might be over 30K though.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 10:49 pm
Of if you could find a deal on a Dodge Magnum Hemi AWD....THAT is a sweet ride. Not too bad on gas, considering it's a 340 hp V8.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:50 am
Geesh, I just read my own thread title....

I must have been a bit discomboobulateded when I wrote that... Wink
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
cjhsa,

I agree with Slappy on one of his suggestions - the VW
Passat. But I would recommend the Passat TDI, that's the diesel model. Every convenience, powerful, and about 45mpg on the road.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 07:24 am
What about that new Pontiac, or the Jeep Liberty?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
Go with the Xterra over the Liberty. Better ride, reliability, ect...but the Liberty is pretty popular, and not too much $$.

That Pontiac didn't get the best reviews, it's just a rebadged something else. Motor Trend recently had a big SUV shootout.

Honestly, I'd never buy a brand new car unless I had money to burn or was leasing. Out of everything, I'd look for a 1-2 year old Highlander or Murano still under factory warranty. And you can extend the warranties too. Go with something like that, and you'll be much happier driving than some boxy, underpowered truck-framed SUV.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
cjhsa - Excuse me, may I please throw a quick unrelated question out to Slappy, since he knows so much about cars?

Slap - What do you think of the new Mustang? I keep trying to convince my husband to look at one.

thanks cj, this just didn't seem like enough to start a new thread.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
I for one like the new Mustang, especially the GT, but I don't like the fact they decided to keep the wheels and tires so retro. 16" wheels are just so minivan these days, if you know what I'm talking about.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:03 am
Chai Tea wrote:
cjhsa - Excuse me, may I please throw a quick unrelated question out to Slappy, since he knows so much about cars?

Slap - What do you think of the new Mustang? I keep trying to convince my husband to look at one.

thanks cj, this just didn't seem like enough to start a new thread.

It's pretty well known they've never had the best reliability ratings, but who buys a performance car based on that? I like them. It's a very good bang for the buck performance car with the V8. You gotta get the V8 if you're getting a Mustang!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 11:13 am
thanks both!
0 Replies