Research Papers

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:33 pm
I am working on a long research paper, and am now at a point where I am constantly having to go back somewhere near the beginning to add something. This means re-numbering each succeeding footnote. The problem seems to be getting worse. I understand that there are software templates which do all the re-numbering automatically. How does one find them - and how does one tell the good ones from the bad ones? Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 11:54 pm
Word does this automatically - what word processor are you using?
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:06 pm
Hingehead:
Thanks for your fast reply - it's appreciated. In answer to your question, I am using Word Perfect (which I like), but it's like Apple - no one seems to be writing anything for it.
About a week ago I went on the internet looking for one of these templates & by paying with a credit card I was able to download their product -- and it wouldn't work. So I e-mailed them & they said I needed Word. I went back on the internet and found a 2004 new copy for $30.00 (it was part of a "Works" bundle). When I got it I tried the template on it -- didn't work (again). Wrote the seller - and his reply was that it will only work with Microsoft's "super-duper" Word (which around here goes for over $100.00.)
Does anyone make a template for Word Perfect? Or am I going to get thne Microsoft _____ once again? Thanks for "listening/"
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 07:20 pm
Hi Woolly

I don't have WordPerfect, but I've seen older versions of it. How experienced are you with it?

I only ask because either I don't really understand your problem or you aren't using the footnote functionality properly (or at all). Autonumbering of footnotes should happen automatically if you use insert footnote. I don't understand the need for a template....

Here's some simple instructions: http://product.corel.com/en/wpo2002_box/coreltutor/WordPerfect/html_docs/footnotes/w_fnts_02.htm

If I have misinterpreted your questions I apologise for wasting your time.
0 Replies

Woollcott

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:54 pm
Hingehead:
Thanks again. All of your suggestions have been right on target. As a matter-of-fact, I have one of those old versions - Word Perfect 10 to be exact; and yes, I went to the site you suggested - and it was a WP 10 tutorial (thanks yet again). I followed the instructions, but was unable to get the practice page. As you mentioned, it is the "automatic" or auto-renumber feature that I am after. Although I couldn't get the practice page, I did take notes on how their system works - but it is something I tried before. I won't be working on it again until tomorrow at the earliest. By the way, I bookmarked the "Footnotes site" you included.
0 Replies