What produces RUTHLESS DICTATORS?

okie

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:25 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

okie wrote:

No, not the only parameter, but it should be a very important parameter to consider and compare, yes.

Well, and when do you write YOUR "Mein Kampf", okie?

Thats for you to do, Walter, as a Fabian. After all, Fabians believe in "struggling" to steal what somebody else has because The Fabians believed that capitalism has created an unjust society, isn't that right Walter? So you can write about your struggle, and since you live in Germany, it would be titled "Mein Kampf," or if you want to title it as a group, as a Fabian, what is the word "our" in German? The only struggle I have is to get up every morning to work and earn something that I can then own, I don't have to steal it from somebody else, so I don't plan on writing anything like that.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:28 pm
is that true, walter? are you a fifties style pop singer?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:38 pm
Oh . . . how charming . . . now Okie wants us to know that he is as pig-ignorant about what fabian means, and the goals of the Fabian Society, as is the case in virtually every other political topic he has raised here.

But of course, more than that, he wants to make sure that we know (as though he hadn't already got the subject down, beating it to a bloody pulp) the deep contempt he holds for anything which does not resemble his dull-witted and troglodytic political philosophy . . .
okie

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:47 pm
@Setanta,
Yes, knowledge of the Fabian Society does not belong alone to Walter. Even okies can read.
okie

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 09:50 pm
@Setanta,
You've got one thing correct, I don't care for ultra leftist idealogies. Too many millions have been massacred or starved to dealth it would seem to me for anyone to actually like it. You would think mankind would learn, but no, you think lets try it again and get it right next time. You never learn.
Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Sep, 2009 10:34 pm
@okie,
You apparently never learn, either. Far more millions have been massacred or starved to death to gratify the lust, greed and will to power of right-wing nut jobs in positions of authority.

You really don't know jack **** about history, Okie. That's not the expression of an opinion, either--the evidence is all over this thread.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 01:37 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Thats for you to do, Walter, as a Fabian. After all, Fabians believe in "struggling" to steal what somebody else has because The Fabians believed that capitalism has created an unjust society, isn't that right Walter? So you can write about your struggle, and since you live in Germany, it would be titled "Mein Kampf," or if you want to title it as a group, as a Fabian, what is the word "our" in German? The only struggle I have is to get up every morning to work and earn something that I can then own, I don't have to steal it from somebody else, so I don't plan on writing anything like that.

Well, okie, it's more than surprising - or not - that you don't care about facts.

Yes, I'm a (foreign) member of the Fabian Society. Like the members of the UK cabinet and nearly all and every Labour MP.
And I'm a member of the Social-Democratic Party of Germany. Like eight cabinet ministers of the Federal German Government ...

However, you actually don't seem to know what "Kampf" means in German.

To quote Goethe: "Aufzunehmen den Kampf, wenn es ihm also beliebte."
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 01:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You really don't know jack **** about history, Okie. That's not the expression of an opinion, either--the evidence is all over this thread.

Sad truth.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 03:50 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Yes, knowledge of the Fabian Society does not belong alone to Walter. Even okies can read.

Well, so you must have been deeply shocked when you read "Stopping the Far Right - How progressive politics can tackle political extremism"? (edit. Grindrod, Fred and Rusling, Mark, London, 2007, ISBN 978-0-7163-20055-5).

Or did you read the editorial (and a couple of articles related to it) in the Fabian Review (Volume 121, NÂș 2)? That the Government can only restore trust in a damaged political system by giving away power?
okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:23 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You apparently never learn, either. Far more millions have been massacred or starved to death to gratify the lust, greed and will to power of right-wing nut jobs in positions of authority.

If your knowledge matches your language, Setanta, I would not be overly proud of either one if I were you.
okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Setanta wrote:

Sad truth.

If the politics you endorse matches the language you endorse, Walter, I would not be overly proud of either one if I were you.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes, I'm a (foreign) member of the Fabian Society. Like the members of the UK cabinet and nearly all and every Labour MP.
And I'm a member of the Social-Democratic Party of Germany. Like eight cabinet ministers of the Federal German Government ...

However, you actually don't seem to know what "Kampf" means in German.

To quote Goethe: "Aufzunehmen den Kampf, wenn es ihm also beliebte."

I was aware of some of that. Is that something that indicates the UK or Germany are headed in the right direction, I do not believe so.

Translation of Kampf, I checked and the english word seems to be "struggle." Are you telling me that you have a more exact meaning or something?
okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:33 am
@Walter Hinteler,
So, Walter, since the Fabians seem to believe capitalism has brought injustice, so do you believe also that the Jews are intertwined with capitalism, and therefore Jews are to be met with distrust and contempt as well, like you do capitalism? Just wondering about that.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:40 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

So, Walter, since the Fabians seem to believe capitalism has brought injustice, so do you believe also that the Jews are intertwined with capitalism, and therefore Jews are to be met with distrust and contempt as well, like you do capitalism? Just wondering about that.

Well, since you live in the USA, do you ride every weekend in western shows?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:44 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Translation of Kampf, I checked and the english word seems to be "struggle." Are you telling me that you have a more exact meaning or something?

That's one possible translation. Others are battle, campaign, combat, conflict, contest, engagement, fight, fighting, strife, tussle ....

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:47 am
@okie,
My knowledge is sufficient to understand that history is not a grab bag of pliable concepts from which to attempt to construct a justification for preconceived political bigotry. Certainly you have displayed in these pages no knowledge of history or politics of which one could be proud.
okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

okie wrote:

Very funny. Living somewhere has nothing to do with belonging to an organization, Walter. Here, we have freedom of thought and speech, we are not expected to subscribe to a particular belief system. If you don't agree with the Fabians, then why do you belong to it?
Setanta

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:48 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

okie wrote:

Irony w0n't work with him, Walter. You need to hit him over the head with an idea for it to sink in.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:49 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

I was aware of some of that. Is that something that indicates the UK or Germany are headed in the right direction, I do not believe so.

You were aware of some of that? Didn't you write above that you could read and that knowledge of the Fabian Society does not belong alone to Walter?

So what about my questions? (That really is something for a person that can read - no pictures - and it's in English).
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 4 Sep, 2009 09:49 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

My knowledge is sufficient to understand that history is not a grab bag of pliable concepts from which to attempt to construct a justification for preconceived political bigotry. Certainly you have displayed in these pages no knowledge of history or politics of which one could be proud.

"political bigotry"? what kind of nonsense is that? Just because I don't agree with you, I am now a political bigot. That is idiocy. Liberal idiocy. What will you come up with next?