Michael Jordan's final game

fbaezer

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:00 pm
Today is Michael Jordan's final game in the NBA. We'll miss him.

Has he been the best basketball player ever?

Do you think it's fair that his last game is not in play-offs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,902 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:14 pm
I have a question about M. Jordon.

Off the court was he ever not gracious or arrogant? It seems to me he never exhibited cockiness, or rudeness the way some high profile athletes have.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:25 pm
Gala, I love the guy, truly. I was a Bulls fan from way back (before any championships), and cried buckets both times he retired.

But he's not any kind of paragon, on or off the court. He's better than most, but far far far from perfect. (Ask Juanita.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:28 pm
Oh and to answer your questions, fbaezer:

I think he was probably the best basketball player ever. For sure way way way up there, if not the best.

But I think he is getting the ending he deserves. He had the perfect exit -- the championship-winning shot -- and then he had to come back AGAIN. I think it was ego and super-competitiveness that brought him back, and that he shouldn't have done it yet again.

I hope he's successful in trying to make something happen with the Wizards behind the scenes -- I wish him well.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:42 pm
I guess you're right, sozobe, one must learn to retire on time, and to realize when the cycles are over.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:50 pm
He was the best basketball player ever.

I still can't believe he didn't stay retired after the first time...that was THE perfect ending to a sports career. Instead he chose to come back to a joke of a team.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 12:54 pm
Maybe, Jordan will return to professional baseball.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:43 pm
He's got time to get his game together for the Senior PGA tour.
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 01:29 am
i believe jordan is truly the best basketball player that ever lived if you know basketball you know he is the best, but then if you think about it he is the best know but then Kobe,Mac,KG,Iv catchin up to him so who knows there wont be another Michael but there still can be better then Michael and i believe the next person to do that is going to be Kobe or Tmac trust me i garantee it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:08 am
Kobe's got promise but I thought he'd be there by now if he was gonna get there.

And I don't think anybody NOW is better than MJ, but cases can be made for some people who came before him.
0 Replies