Rainsoft motherboard failure

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
My rainsoft system that we have had without incident started overflowing the brin tank. We had a tech come out today. He said that the circuit on the motherboard was open to refill the tank and so it just kept sending water to the tank. The repair is to purchase a new $500+ motherboard or upgrade the system. Any other alternative..its been a great system? Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 7
No top replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:28 pm
Is it an old Q or is it a Gold series?
0 Replies

pattylou

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 03:48 pm
It is AQ32 with Reverse Osmosis drinking system
full house
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 04:49 pm
pattylou wrote:
AQ32

Those are obsolete and there are 2 or 3 different boards that fit them making finding the correct one a real challenge.

RainSoft dealers are instructed not to make major repairs on brass valves.
There is a possibility it could be fixed.

RS dealers are instructed to offer you a new composite valve or a brand new softener.
Either way it's going to be expensive.

You do have options outside of RainSoft...

HTH ~
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 06:58 pm
I was under the impression that that company has a "Lifetime Warranty" on parts.

At (a modest) $50 per hour these days for labor, how does it take 10 hours to change a motherboard? More like 20 minutes in other models. Puzzling??!! Was there additional work needed, like rebuilding the whole system, changing resin, lab work, ....?

Just because a piece becomes "obsolete", that doesn't mean it is your fault. If that is the case, all such warranties can become bogus whenever a company "improves" their products.

I would make a direct inquiry to the company as to how this $500 is broken down and why your warranty is not being honored. Try hard to resolve your problems.

Good luck.
Andy
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
Andy CWS wrote:
I was under the impression that that company has a "Lifetime Warranty" on parts.

The fine print breaks the electrical warranty down to 10 years. 5 100% and 5 pro-rated.
0 Replies

Andy CWS

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:02 pm
Hmmm! I always wondered what the "lifetime" in Lifetime Warranty meant.

I don't want to be suspicious about something a company clearly offers in writing and as one of the key components when comparing itself with its competetors, but I wonder how this "unique feature" can be perpetuated without controversy. The "*" can be the most dynamic punctuation mark found in warranties.

Every warranty has 'fine print' or an implicit warranty, I guess, but there should be a clear understanding between the warantor and the warantee that it doesn't go against its explicitly stated key components.

Unfortunately, time often tells whether you have made a wise choice or not.

Thanks for that info,
Andy
0 Replies

gobansheego

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:11 pm
Andy CWS wrote:

At (a modest) $50 per hour these days for labor, how does it take 10 hours to change a motherboard? More like 20 minutes in other models. Puzzling??!! Was there additional work needed, like rebuilding the whole system, changing resin, lab work, ....?

Just because a piece becomes "obsolete", that doesn't mean it is your fault. If that is the case, all such warranties can become bogus whenever a company "improves" their products.

I would make a direct inquiry to the company as to how this $500 is broken down and why your warranty is not being honored. Try hard to resolve your problems.it is probably out of the electronics warranty !

Good luck.
Andy
0 Replies