Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

mismi

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 04:59 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing black skinny pants, thong sandals that tie around my ankles, black t-shirt - sheer white over shirt. Silver hoops, hair twisted up on top of my head.
hearing nothing - the boys and the Prof are outside playing ball and it is WONDERFUL.
eating not yet
drinking nothing
doing procrastinating again
looking forward to I still don't know - trying not to think too far into the future - seems just to disappoint me these days.
feelingchipper in spite of it all
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 07:03 pm
@mismi,
wearing Mismatched socks, blue sweat pants, long sleeved blue t-shirt with hoody.
hearing Nothing notable other then the buzz in my left ear.
eating Nothing.
drinking Tap water.
doing Just about to go to bed. First full day of a cold.
looking forward to A very short turn for this cold; Woody Allen's film Midnight in Paris (2011); and somehow try and figure what would be the best time to take a weekend trip to Boston and visit some of my family (definitely not Memorial Day weekend).
feeling Anti-chipper with this cough, stuffy nose, and minor fever.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2011 07:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
A cold...... oh, nooooooooooo.

wearing No socks, my thick leather sandals, forest green cotton knit pants, lime green long sleeved sweater with coral stretch tee under, agate "artist ring" from an Albuquerque gallery when I first came here.
hearing yeah, ear song, aka tinnitus
eating making sauce for pasta - tomato/scallion/red onion/parsley/oil/porcini bits/roasted garlic bits/leftovers from a restaurant sammich (eggplant, artichoke heart bits) - in other words, "refrigerator sauce". That sauce better hurry up..
drinking water with dried plum soaking water, ice
doing going through stuff to cull
looking forward to someday seeing Malick's new one; digging up a volunteer Desert Willow and re planting, ergo, new tree.
feeling trapped as usual re finances - common enough for many nowadays
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 05:50 pm
@ossobuco,
The Tree of Life has a limited release "USA 27 May 2011 (limited)." Here's to having a screening of the movie in your neck of the woods.

The trailer looks beautiful (standard practice for a Terrance Malick film) but that one whispered line, "Father, mother, always you wrestle in me," by the son sounds so pretentiously obnoxious and done in a Razzie worthy fashion.

Great and meaningful line but done in such a terrible fashion.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 06:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm not sure I could stand the movie's mode/Malick's fuzzy view, but I bet I'd love the photography.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 29 May, 2011 09:26 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing rolled up blue jeans shorts...I am pretty sure this is an 80's thing making a reappearance...and here I am jumping in head first. Grey ( USA- University of South Alabama) T-shirt - with a HUGE wet ring on it from washing the dishes...bare feets - hair in a french twist.
hearing Norah Jones
drinking Cosmos - 3 of them to be exact. All done...drinking water now. Would like to wake up in the morning w/o repercussions.
doing oh I dunno...just playing I guess...
looking forward to sleeping late for the first time in what seems like a billion years. Thus my indulgence.
feeling warm and fuzzy.
Swimpy

Reply Mon 30 May, 2011 08:36 am
@mismi,
Daisy Dukes!

wearing I'm a vision in whither sweat shirts and an old threadbare T.
hearing The range hood humming
drinking Just finished my morning chai
doing Just put the oven into its cleaning cycle. Getting a load of laundry started. Planning a trip to Target after I shower.
looking forward to Seeing my Mom.
feeling neither good nor bad but OK.
mismi

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 04:43 pm
@Swimpy,
Quote:
Daisy Dukes!

Nope - though I do have some of those - mine are not the kind that stop at the bottom of my tail though. They are a bit longer. Smile These are the long jeans that you roll up right above the knee...it feels kind of "80's" to me.

wearing skinny black pants, black thong sandals, pea green (seriously) long sleeveless coat dress, white short sleeve t-shirt underneath. Silvery hoops - hair is in a rather bizarre knot on the top of my head.
hearing MLB
drinking water
doing I have an audit at work I need to be working on. Yep - even at home. Due in two weeks - I am avoiding it.
looking forward to being done with this audit
feeling my jaws are tired from being clenched. Hate clenching my teeth. I am spread a weeeeee bit thin. Looking forward to getting less thin. Smile I don't think I have ever said that before in my life.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:43 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

pants might have decreased the vision quotient Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:47 pm
@mismi,
wearing ultra wide leg black dance pants, pink tank, random bracelets, my mother's wedding ring, black Naot sandals
hearing Too Many Teardrops on Randy's Crying and Laughing episode of Vinyl Tap
drinking nothing, had some iced tea earlier
eating just finished a plate of good stuff Set made, sorta homemade mac n cheese with grilled cheese sausage and lots veggies mixed in
doing laundry's happening downstairs - on the flipside of Mismi's dilemna - I have to go do an audit of another office next week - I'm not looking forward to it - so I'm muttering to myself about it
looking forward to dance classes next week - getting ready for the next gala
feeling that it would be great if I knew how to nap
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 06:51 pm
@mismi,
wearing black shorts, yellow t-shirt, socks.
hearing Half listening to last weeks TWIT (This Week in Tech) podcast. Talking about Amazon.com's business model right now.
drinking Water.
doing Not much. Contemplating going to the grocery store or trying to figure out what to have for dinner tonight.
looking forward to J.J. Abram's Super 8 next Friday, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650062/

Might be the best Summer Movie this summer.

Wishing: That Mismi could borrow a couple of clones of herself while she has this audit going on so she can literally multitask in grand style. Making her life that much easier.
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing---painter pants, covered with real paint, and an " Italian wife beater" tee.
hearing---Mark Twains autobiography on MP3
drinking--Mrs F brought some fresh squozen OJ out to the studio-dayum I mussa been a good boy
eating- several; of my still life "models" Ive been using while painting veggie still lifes(I am decimating the radishes right now)
doing----see above response to "eating"
looking forward to--have no idea right now, uuhhh, maybe go down to Chatanooga again next week, maybe not.
wishing---I could invent a "timed dry" oil paint that would make oil paints dry in two days without looking crappy
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:56 pm
Ooo I like this, I am bored!!

wearing---Blue long sleeve shirt with hood, dark jeans.
hearing---Bruins game on TV with the hubby random commentary!
drinking--Just had a beer while I was out, Bud Light.. Not drinking now.
eating- Last thing I had was a lobster roll with french fries, yum!
doing----Bored.. games and googling
looking forward to--Vacation in 26 days, heading to TN to see the family!!
feeling-- Content, but bored.
wanting-- To find a part time job so I can spend more time with my girls
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 09:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Swimpy wrote:

Man! What WAS I wearing that day?
mismi

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 06:24 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Wishing: That Mismi could borrow a couple of clones of herself while she has this audit going on so she can literally multitask in grand style. Making her life that much easier.

Thank you Tsars. I wish that could do that. Really I do.

wearing Bright green cotton eyelet night gown. Blue and white mans button down over it.
hearing quiet
eating about to eat blueberry muffins and smoked applewood bacon.
drinking about to have a cup of tea
doing playing
looking forward to J.J. Abram's Super 8 next Friday - Me too! I cannot wait!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 06:26 am
@Swimpy,
Quote:

ah Swimp - that and Beth's comment made me giggle. I bet those were sweat shorts. I bet they were white sweat shorts. Smile I love those kind of clothes. Like comfort food run for them when I get home.
Swimpy

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 12:03 pm
@mismi,
Thank you for saving my dignity Laughing That was exactly what I was wearing. And I don't even think I was drinking!
mismi

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 06:08 pm
@Swimpy,
Trust me - there will be times I need it as well. Smile Typo's suck. And yet - I find I make them...a lot.

wearing Blue capris, stings are dangling - should I tie them or not? White racer back tank. Bare feets, gold hoop earrings.
hearing Take That
drinking Diet Dr. Pepper
eating White pizza - spinach and feta - thin crust
doing Waiting to pick up the next child and take them to the next thing
looking forward to bed time
feeling sooooo sleepy
wanting the list is much too long at this time...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 06:24 pm
@mismi,
Hi, you two (and more)

wearing - old rose colored stretch capris, short sleeved flower print blouse, like a jacket over a blue stretch tee. Hmmm, these don't all go together. Nearly antique flip flops of brown leather.
hearing - beagle barks
drinking - cab sauvignon
eating - warming up refrigerator soup - tomatoes, broken spaghetti, garbanzo beans, some broccoli, some cabbage, some roasted garlic, some basil/olive oil, diced jalapeno, black pepper
doing - thinking, never a good thing
looking forward to lunch with a friend
wanting - don't start..
Swimpy

Reply Tue 7 Jun, 2011 07:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey to you, too. Been thinking about you. You doin' OK?

wearing - still in my work clothes - DNR navy polo, khaki pants, bare feet
hearing - air conditioner
drinking - nada
eating - ate a while ago, nothing now
doing - cooking some rice for tomorrow's lunch and charging my iPod (edit) waiting for NYT to update the X-word puzzle to Wed.
looking forward to the heat to break, hopefully tomorrow
wanting - don't start.. yea, don't start me either