Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

mismi

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 01:18 pm
@mm25075,
wearing: Khaki low riders, white t-shirt, brown yoga jacket, brown sunuks
hearing: Birds
eating: nothing
drinking: nothing
doing: nothing
wanting: still a whole lot of stuff
Looking forward to: Supper - I have steak tonight...and a nice bottle of red wine.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:26 pm
@mismi,
wearing: blue jeans, black shirt, dark grey sweatshirt;
hearing: that everpresent ring in my left ear, a couple of cars driving by, a siren in the background, and I think some minor sounds clinking sounds coming from the heater;
eating: white chocolate chip cookies from Subway;
drinking: water;
doing: a2k and nothing else ... yet. Just got home and haven't figured any immediate plans;
wanting and Looking forward to: I guess someone to talk to....
sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:47 pm
@mismi,
wearing: Kinda coppery cords, black boots, dark gray turtleneck, black cardigan, jean jacket, dark gray with light gray floral design scarf (it SNOWED today and is cold, after a run of gorgeous weather, I wore this outside but just left it on 'cause it's cold in here too).
hearing: ---
eating: Just had a few chips.
drinking: Need some water.
doing: Checking in on A2K, email, FB, about to start cleaning and then dinner prep.
wanting: To really attack this house and bring things up to speed. (Not just spring cleaning but painting, electrical, stuff like that.)
Looking forward to: Nicer weather again soon. Supposed to be upper 60's next week.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 03:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
wearing: blue jeans, cocoa sweater, favorite ratty loafers, my multicolored polka dotted plastic ring that I bought in Marina del Rey for $1.00
hearing: that everpresent ringing in both ears, wind gusts and something on the roof adding further sounds in syncopation
drinking: chocolate milk
doing: gradually putting groceries away and cleaning kitchen again; time to try making that bread I've been letting rise since yesterday.
wanting and looking forward to: finishing weeding the main part of the front yard so I can get on to moving the d'med landscape ties and piling up stones to advertise on Freecycle (I keep saying I'll do this). Then I'd have to buy smaller stones or some coarse wood mulch, both of which have negatives to me (a stone cover helps burn the "soil" in this climate, and the big wood mulch, which is necessary - or is it? - to not have mulch fly in the wind, is plug ugly) . Alternately, I can spend time wearing goggles and taking a sledge hammer to the 2 to 3 +" stones I'm gathering up. I think my plan will come down to putting the stones in 5 gallon containers with "stones - please take me" signs. This is all part of the result of having the tract contractor dump from eight inches to twenty inches of sandsoil in my front yard to avoid the price of a haul away at construction time from whatever was extra on these particular lots. Too much sand, a cover of stones you can't walk on, and no room for compost or even plant rootballs to be added.

If you knew me, this would be inexplicable - I've been l. arch on major landscape jobs, but for reasons too long and personal to list, don't have money now to just hire folks. Not to whine. It's a puzzlement I'll work out, and in the meantime, I'm learning about land design in virtually pure sand.
Swimpy

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 04:49 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: dark brown v-neck shirt, denim jacket, light khaki pants, brown socks and brown slip on shoes, glasses
hearing: something humming but I don't know what
eating: just had some turkey slices and a piece of whole wheat cranberry walnut bread
drinking: nothing yet. thinking about tea
doing: fretting
wanting: a little less drama
also wanting too: osso to live closer so she could help me with MY yard.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 04:57 pm
@Swimpy,
Quote:
hearing: something humming but I don't know what

Is it humming a pretty tune? Can it carry a tune at least? Wink
Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:07 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: Snuggish but comfortable mid rise jeans, black belt with silver buckle, black vee neck cashmere, red leather bomber, high black leather boots: flats, with straps and buckles (two: one near the top and one at the ankle). Dark purple glasses.
hearing: about to partake in the Songs that tell Stories thread. http://able2know.org/topic/797-39
eating: Advil and Dos Equis with lime
smelling: Lime
drinking: Ohhhh yeah.
doing: This is it.
wanting: 1) To elbow Swimpy out of the way as I call dibs on osso. 2) To break bread with Stepan one of these days.
looking forward to: More beer. What's to say. I'm a cave man.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Tsar and Swimpy -
on my trip with my cousins to california from here in their giantico rv - that I rebelled against and succumbed to - I heard a musical changing hum as the rv sped in its lumbering way across the many seemingly barren landscapes. I suppose trucks and trains do that too.

I won't say it was Brian Eno like, more like a cello doing scales slowly..
ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:12 pm
@Lash,
wearing: the green/blue tartan polar fleece pants, long sleeve blue t, giant grey polar fleece hoodie, shearling lined black boots
hearing: an interview with people in Peru about the most recent mining scandal
eating: just had some almond nut thins
drinking: nothing - need tea
doing: considering what I want done to my hair tomorrow. I seem to have grown a lot of it recently, and it needs shaping/styling/colour/excitement
looking forward to: time with Maddy in the morning (she's my hair wizard), and then an afternoon and evening with BrendaLee
feeling: kinda mellow and relaxed after a nice walk down at the beach
wanting: a winning lottery ticket

wearing:
hearing:
eating:
drinking:
doing:
looking forward to:
feeling:
wanting:
[/quote]
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe the RV dreams of being the next Yo Yo MA in it's next life!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:17 pm
@Joeblow,
Quote:
2) To break bread with Stepan one of these days.

The feeling is quite mutual JB!! Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
and me too.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
I voted this up because I wanted to acknowledge the post, and then voted it down, because I decided to test the option for some inexplicable reason, though I didn't for a second imagine that I couldn't change my mind!

But it seems that I'm stuck with it!

Sorry Stepan. Who knew?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:35 pm
@Joeblow,
S'alright.... Cool
Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
OK good Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:42 pm
@Joeblow,
I threw an extra thumb on for ya.

You're probably busy balancing that lime on your nose Mr. Green
Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks Beth. I love youuuuuu.

No. I mean it. You know I do!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 02:52 pm
wearing: a white American Eagle t shirt that has seen better days, my former lover's brown pants that I seem to have retained custody of (I love them), my tennis' and a black jean jacket.
hearing: that same ole electrical hum, kids playing pool in the rec room
eating: nuttin
drinking: nuttin
doing: avoiding reams of paperwork related to graduation, mulling nap later, getting ready to (Southernese would be fixin to) get gym clothes on and work-out...
looking forward to: APRIL 30!!!! (last day of classes)
feeling: happier
wanting: to thank Tsar for the kind sentiment earlier...thanks for the sweet vibe and job wishes. (and still pining for said job, and to be able to help my children once again) I'm not dejected, though. I know it'll work out. It always does.
mismi

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:40 pm
@Lash,
wearing: BIG ol' retro RELAX t-shirt, black leggings, black fuzzy slippers
hearing: Kids Choice Awards
drinking: cab sauv
doing:this
looking forward to: sleeping
feeling: tired
wanting: still so much
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2010 08:50 pm
wearing: thick bathrobe
hearing: nothing but my ears
eating: no
drinking: choc milk and bourbon, lot of ice
doing: resting from the book I'm reading, Havana Red, by Leonardo Padura (interesting, interesting)
looking forward to: meeting some pals this next week
feeling: happier, more or less
wanting: desire to get stuff done