Mundane participation for the tragically bored.

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:14 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

hamburger aka hamburgboy (the A2K poster) aka my dad

Now I know and knowing is half the battle!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:27 pm
@revel,
To answer way late, de Gregori was never a main interest for me, but mentioned by some a2kers who know much more about italian singer songwriters than I do.

I'm an unexplainable fanatic re Fabrizio de Andre, whose lyrics are sometimes (what? what? what? what did he say?) - just because I just love the sounds.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 31 Jan, 2010 08:46 pm
@ossobuco,
wearing: bathrobe
eating: we'll see. I'm using an old package of spices for jambalaya. Let's call it a learning experience.
drinking: pinot grigio and ice, eh!
doing: relaxing
looking forward to: more sorting out
feeling: long story
wanting: to continue the connections I got back with my so called holiday letter.
All these people know me. In fact, they don't so much want to know about me - though they do want to place me in space - but tell me all about them. And well some of them should.
Swimpy

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 11:01 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
feeling: long story

We've got nothing but time, dear. g'head, dish.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:06 pm
@Swimpy,
Well, that was fairly mellow re long story. I've lots of worries, but not immediate crisis type, and I've lots of pleasures, with old friends connecting again - and I'm basically much much happier all around since the surgeon kicked ass with my eye. Not just one day happy, but underlying continued delight in not losing more vision but gaining it.

It reminds me of some other times in life when I've noticed that deprivation can enhance appreciation - for example, the year I lived with no shower or bath in our old gallery (used facilities at work or at friends'). I probably still super-appreciate having a shower in my house and that 'deprivation' experience was decades ago.
mismi

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 04:12 pm
wearing: Low rider jeans, Black shirt, brown velour hoodie, black velcro ballet shoe looking things. (I have black fingernail polish Very Happy)
eating: pop corn
drinking: water
doing: eh
looking forward to: bed
feeling: sleepy (long dang Monday)
wanting: <sigh>
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 1 Feb, 2010 08:50 pm
@ossobuco,
I think that's the one good thing about getting older. We appreciate what we have more than gripe about what we don't. I'm so happy that you have your vision back, osso. That makes up for a lot that may be less than perfect in your life, I'm sure.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 2 Feb, 2010 06:42 pm
wearing: t-back tank, flannel turquoise and white and plue pj bottoms, fuzzy slippers
eating: no
drinking: no
doing: the usual
looking forward to:tomorrow
feeling: pft
wanting: way too much
Swimpy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 07:01 pm
@mismi,
wearing: jammies already
hearing: Marketplace on the radio
eating: nothing
drinking: gotta drink more water
doing: checking emails and stuff
wanting: Spring
wishes: everyone would just get along
looking forward to: vacation in 37 days!!!!!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:03 pm
@Swimpy,
wearing: my old coral stretch I-don't-know-what-you-call-'ems (longer than capris, shorter than the old toreador pants); orangey sleeveless tee (under); my grey a2k long sleeved sweatshirt, from the early 2003 era; garish yellow faux crocs; the ring I bought when I was first in new mexico, heavy silver with imbedded large cut amethyst. The fashionistas would be appalled - well, not at the ring so much as the rest of it.
hearing: a beagle barking
eating: nothing. Veggie soup sometime soon.
drinking: a pleasant cheap sangiovese di romagna in a wine glass I bought for something like 35 cents in Campo de Fiori a long time ago ( like a small orange juice glass)
doing: more going through stuff for give away, potential sales - anything to keep from filing my paperwork, which I still keep in case of computer melt.
looking forward to: spring
wishing: spring to last through the summer here
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:05 pm
@Swimpy,
Do you go to Arizona then?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:08 pm
@Swimpy,
I haven't listened to PRI's Marketplace in quite awhile. Perhaps I should return to subscribing to it's weekday podcast, non?
Swimpy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 08:35 am
@ossobuco,
Yes!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:36 am
@ehBeth,
wearing:black slacks, purple/turquoise Indian print shimmery tunic, black walking boots, telephone headset, mrs. hamburgboy's wedding band, watch, gold bracelets
Hearing:very very little
smelling:very very little
drinking: green tea with honey
doing: trying to figure out when I can decently leave here to go home and start taking my antibiotics
wanting: s.n.o.w. !!! (and the flyers to arrive AND the new neighbours to be nice)
looking forward to: the antibiotics kicking in and the ear pain subsiding

[/quote]
sozobe

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:41 am
@ehBeth,
Sorry about the ear infection ehBeth, hope that gets better soon.

wearing:still in my damn pj's. shower and new happy-making pants soon (they fit unbelievably well)
Hearing: -
eating: -
smelling: - leftover smell of rather pungent (in a good way) tomato bisque packed for sozlet's lunch
drinking: nothing, should
doing: trying to figure out how bad this storm is going to be and what plans are likely to be disrupted, and avoiding doing some website work I need to do, and worrying about the kid (not snow-related) (or health-related, for once).
wanting: ballet class tomorrow to be canceled due to snow
looking forward to: vast quantities of snow, as long as we keep our power.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 11:29 am
@sozobe,
Ear infection damn.

wearing:still in my damn pj's, too.
Hearing: weather channel
eating: peameal on rye
smelling: - see above
doing: piddling, should be packing for weekend
wanting: to love my new yoga class. It's more than I thought it would be and I'm in an absolute beginners class...a "sweet little" class with only three other participants and the instructor.
looking forward to: Summer!
Swimpy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
I haven't listened to their podcast. It's on my local public radio station at 6:30 every night. Perfect for listening to with supper.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:35 pm
@ehBeth,
Damned ears. I'm fighting an outer ear canal infection. It's much better but still not gone. Hope yours clears up fast.

wearing:black slacks, olive knot shirt, off-white jean jacket, black running shoes
Hearing:George Harrison, All Things Must Pass
eating: nothing, but there is a chocolate cupcake staring at me
smelling:hot smell of my small spaceheater
doing: working (or some simulation thereof)
wanting: to go for a walk
looking forward to: 4:30
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 01:35 pm
@Joeblow,
wearing:mixed sweats
Hearing: Joel Plasket singing on Q about the Cabot Trail
smelling: - see above
drinking: ginger ale <urp> <ouch>
doing: waiting for the drugs to kick in
wanting: to be healthy healthy healthy - and to get back to dance class - my calves can feel that I didn't go this week
looking forward to: unplugged, unpoppy ears
mismi

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:32 pm
@ehBeth,
wearing:flannel pj bottoms, t back white tank, fuzzy robe, fuzzy slippers, hair twisted up, horn rim glasses on
Hearing: Not a thang - oh well...there is the clicking of the keys
smelling: nothing
drinking: chianti
doing: finishing my glass before going to snuggle in the bed
wanting: Beth (ie Wink ) to be healthy healthy healthy - so she can get back to dance class - so her calves can again feel that she is back at it.
looking forward to: shoot...I am just taking it one moment at a time.